Origin Broadband - Just signed up!

Have just bit the bullet and instead of waiting for TalkTalk to deliver, I have kept hearing great things about Origin.

Honestly, if it all works fine in Walkley and I get the 70MB down/20mb upload as promised.. I'll gladly hang an Origin Broadband banner outside the house!!!

Cant wait and the customer service seems great as well!

Good luck if you wanna email them and for you to get a reply back..

email sent from Origin Sent: Fri, Mar 15, 2013 10:46:40 PM

asking me to ring or mail back which i email back the next day and still no reply this has happend many times now :(

Been dealing with them over the phone - much easier :D

Never email someone if you expect a timely reply.

That's what the telephone's for.

Hi Hahahaha,

Could you please PM me your email and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Origin

Never email someone if you expect a timely reply.

That's what the telephone's for.

not everyone has time for phone calls

and email provides a lot better protection than a call. many things can be promised on a call and never materialise and then you have no proof when you wish to query something that was said.

email on the other hand can contain valuable information that can be used for reference

also if a company asks someone to email them, then you would expect a timely reply as the company should be expecting it

Edited by walkerx

and email provides a lot better protection than a call. many things can be promised on a call and never materialise and then you have no proof when you wish to query something that was said.

email on the other hand can contain valuable information that can be used for reference

also if a company asks someone to email them, then you would expect a timely reply as the company should be expecting it

While I am not sticking up for Origin things do happen and for some reason emails or messages can and do get misplaced and not answered back

In a perfect world they shouldn't but they do

2 weeks ago my bank was making some changes to my account and they sent me a email stating the changes for me to return them accepting the changes

I returned it and rang them up after 5 days to find they had not received it even tho Thunderbird said it was delivered

Yea m8 definite genuine I had rang the bank and they mentioned that there was a change to be made and that after talking to them they sent me a email I received it as i was finishing up with them

The from was correct the info I was talking about was correct and it was sent to me by my full name so I knew it was genuine and it came on my primary addy one that only a couple of places have

If I receive one I am not expecting I ring them up and forward it to their 'phishing' dept if they say they have not sent me one

This week alone I have received emails about 'my account' from Halifax, Co-o,p HSBC, Lloyds and Santandar none of which I have an account with and all on a throw away yahoo account

Email is a best effort service, meaning it can take days to arrive, if at all.

Usually though it's pretty instant.

Email is a best effort service, meaning it can take days to arrive, if at all.

Usually though it's pretty instant.

this is the same when you phone a company up - it is a best effort service of which you get promised ring backs which never happen.

but point i was making was that not everyone has phone and granted not everyone has email, but getting something in writing is better than verbal communication most times as companies will deny what was said or agreed.