Blades v Carlisle Monday

Today's game again we just lacked any cutting edge upfront an a complete inability to carve open a solid looking Carlisle defence , we created very little .

Fed up of saying it but macca was the man of the match AGAIN .

Doyle and Robson might as well have not bothered playing , Forte also looked very tired ,offered little and was very flat footed . Murphy caused problems when he came on as did Ironside who looks better every time I see him .

McMahon ought to stop whining, fouling and in general just winding the ref up and concentrate on being a proper full back .

We need goals and fast as the crowd in general are losing patience with these below par home performances .

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 18:17 ----------

What happens at the start, middle and the end of the season adds to what eventually happens at the end of the season, drawing 0-0 at home to a ten man Carlisle side with nothing to play for indeed could come back and bite you on the arse.

Fully agree it could bite us yes , but what's that got to do with deserving ?

Same old same old at the lane.

A poor performance and a fair result.

Same old same old at the lane.

A poor performance and a fair result.

Everyone talks about BDTBL being a fortress under NW, and I can only ever remember us going unbeaten at home all season once that was in the 4th division, so it was a fortress under Porterfield (RIP). I could be wrong if so I'm sorry.

Too many draws at home is poor yes ,but you conveniently leave out superb away form .

Luck has nothing to do with it .

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 18:10 ----------

"Deserve"

who decides what we deserve ? You .... Me .... Neither , it's points at the end of the season so we see then and only then .

i agree your away form has been good... imo your lucky your only competing with 1 decent relegated side (donny) aswell as other rivals who were in the league previously, due to port / cov off field problems. the league will be much much tougher next season with 3 better quality teams coming down

What happens at the start, middle and the end of the season adds to what eventually happens at the end of the season,

drawing 0-0 at home to a ten man Carlisle side with nothing to play for indeed could come back and bite you on the arse.

Couldn't agree more, like losing six or seven games in a row, I bet you wish you had drawn two or three of them.

We have 3 strikers: Kitson, Ironside and Porter whose strengths are in the air and need crosses, preferably from near the goal line as opposed to hoofed in from deep. Wilson plays Robson, a left footed midfield player on the right and Poleon, a right footed player on the left, later replaced by another right footer in Murphy. 3 home games without a goal against mediocre opposition and 1 fluke of a goal in the last 2 away games indicates it isn't working. Why can't Wilson see it???? It's not like we are missing loads of chances.

Defensively we are fine tho a little nervous at home. I wish all the remaining games were away.

i agree your away form has been good... imo your lucky your only competing with 1 decent relegated side (donny) aswell as other rivals who were in the league previously, due to port / cov off field problems. the league will be much much tougher next season with 3 better quality teams coming down

Do you think the 1st division was a poor league when you finish 16th two seasons ago?

Teams get relegated not for how well they have played and Charlton ran away with it last season which all Owls claim was a better league.

The championship is very tight and Owls say how good a league it is and I don't dispute that but the league one is just as tight this season and Wednesday fans say that's because it's so poor, 1st division football is poor even when Wednesday have been there which is more than United.

I think a good bench mark of the 2 leagues is to compare from last year.

In League 1 the top 2 had 101 points (Charlton) and 93 (Wednesday) If Doncaster win all there remaining games they can only get 90.

In the championship the third from bottom team got 40 points (Portsmouth) the next team to that was Barnsley (46) the third from bottom team has already got 40 points.

I think this shows the easier league!

Having seen Uniteds games and Donny v Swindon on tv I don't think there's any doubt it's much poorer this season. None of the teams are anywhere near as good as Charlton, Wednesday, United and Huddersfield were last season. The only reason it's exciting is they are all poor teams.

Do you think the 1st division was a poor league when you finish 16th two seasons ago?

Teams get relegated not for how well they have played and Charlton ran away with it last season which all Owls claim was a better league.

The championship is very tight and Owls say how good a league it is and I don't dispute that but the league one is just as tight this season and Wednesday fans say that's because it's so poor, 1st division football is poor even when Wednesday have been there which is more than United.

yes i did it was shambolic we finished 16th and unacceptable.... league 1 is not as tight in a million years.. in our league teams in top half could still go down, meaning everyone has to play.. up to 10 teams in league1 are already thinking about there holidays imo

league1 relo; all but sorted maybe one change in current bottom 4 scunny could survive..

league 1 promtion; playoffs all but sorted maybe one team slipping out an one in.. auto defo 2 from 4 come on hardlly comparable to championship

Edited by lettie01

I think a good bench mark of the 2 leagues is to compare from last year.

In League 1 the top 2 had 101 points (Charlton) and 93 (Wednesday) If Doncaster win all there remaining games they can only get 90.

In the championship the third from bottom team got 40 points (Portsmouth) the next team to that was Barnsley (46) the third from bottom team has already got 40 points.

I think this shows the easier league!

That can be spun both ways, if a league is tight it is clearly not and easier league meaning there is no a lot separating the teams, clearly the teams you mentioned found it easier last season.

I agree United had a better squad but too many people think a teams name makes it a better league, no one can say that otherwise why did Wednesday end 16th ish in it? Teams go down because they are not good enough and we have both had plenty of that but they don't always make a league harder, better yes with the support and followers but not harder.

Edited by hotfeet

Poor result. Poor division, but we are still in a promotion race not a relegation race....................FACT

Edited by TAT