Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

On what grounds do you make the assumption that immigrants are responsible for the problems you highlight?

If we had a poll on here who has caused the problems in page hall/fir vale and 90% of people on here highlighted it as being immigrants , you would still argue and label them racists so whats the point .

Do you live in the Page Hall or Fir Vale areas of S4?

Have you ever lived next door to these Roma gypsies?

I don't think he even lives in Sheffield? Didn't he say he lives in Leeds? And Halibut is on record as praising the Roma for being hard working people, although at what he never said.

Most suburban areas of Sheffield are pretty much rundown and messy with litter and weeds everywhere, but I think Page Hall and Fir Vale have got to get the prize these days. They're a special case.

I'm not convinced that the property licensing will do any good, it seems no more than a moneymaker for the city.

A large Slovakian family moved in next door to us about a month ago. My husband and I have made a concerted effort to be friendly and communicative. It hasn't been easy with the language barrier, but we've definitely made some progress.

There is going to be a public consultation session on 18 July at Fir Vale School from 5pm - 7pm. I'll wait until then to share what I think.

Last Warrior: will you be going?

another public consultation, probably with another clean up campaign. will it never end ? :huh:

another public consultation, probably with another clean up campaign. will it never end ? :huh:

A clean up campaign on landlords pockets more like.

so be it!! they shouldn't have the 'i dont give a toss' attitude towards who is renting THEIR property, and put more effort into making sure the tenants look after the property THEY'RE living in!!!

A clean up campaign on landlords pockets more like.

good ,about time slum landlords paying instead of collecting .

Edited by hackey lad

so be it!! they shouldn't have the 'i dont give a toss' attitude towards who is renting THEIR property, and put more effort into making sure the tenants look after the property THEY'RE living in!!!

good ,about time slum landlords paying instead of collecting .

Nice to see you tarring all us landlords as slum landlords.:rolleyes:

I didn't see them tarring landlords like that, just slum landlords.

Scum who buy property and overfill it with antisocial individuals blight neighbourhoods and are rightly reviled and need their property seizing and themselves jailing. Decent landlords are fine.

The fact that the former exist in these areas is not a besmirchment on the latter.

We have lived on our street for 8yrs our landlord is a good one.They should target those who couldn't give a stuff and never check on their properties or their tenants.

well you know what they say about "if the cap fits".

I know what you mean. But whatever the case, it'll be informative to know what people think. I don't think selective licensing is going to do much good; as Last Warrior said, it'll just shift the families elsewhere and not deal with the bigger issue of how best to (dis)solve the tension in the area.

I know what you mean. But whatever the case, it'll be informative to know what people think. I don't think selective licensing is going to do much good; as Last Warrior said, it'll just shift the families elsewhere and not deal with the bigger issue of how best to (dis)solve the tension in the area.

If these families moved elsewhere that would relieve most of the tension in the area and give us decent residents a well earned break. Also it would give other parts of Sheffield an insight into these wonderful people's lives and customs :hihi