Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

What? Times and locations of the bare knuckle fights?:hihi:

Beware - the Star's 'What's On Guide' is always out of date.

has this licencing scheme been watered down by sheffield council due to the back lash form angry landlords ?

This is the standard properties in the licencing area have to meet= https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/housing/renting-hmo-landlords/selective-licensing/Selective-Licensing-Property-Standards--15-4-2014-/Selective%20Licensing%20Property%20Standards%20%2815-4-2014%29.doc

Some of the councils own houses don't meet all these standards, let's see if it solves the areas problems.

This is the standard properties in the licencing area have to meet= https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/housing/renting-hmo-landlords/selective-licensing/Selective-Licensing-Property-Standards--15-4-2014-/Selective%20Licensing%20Property%20Standards%20%2815-4-2014%29.doc

Some of the councils own houses don't meet all these standards, let's see if it solves the areas problems.

yes i agree , some of the council house's are not up to scratch .council should be setting standards , i know of a few councillors in rotherham who are landlords are there homes are a disgrace .

Here is the complete standards proposed for landlords in Page Hall and the

streets to which they apply. The standards cover overcrowding in homes, anti social behaviour in the home, property standards and training for landlords.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/housing-services/private-sector-housing/selective-licensing/standards.html

Lots and lots of standards displayed in documents that need to be obeyed.

However I'm currently seeing all the same problems as before, crowds on streets, the litter on the street etc.

Saw a post on the forum from someone in Burngreave a while ago wanting to arrange a community street clean. Might need to make it a regular event.

The coming months will be interesting to see what happens to the area.

the crowds on the st's will never go , no matter what , eastwood has the same problems , a few days of warm weather and here we go again .police told eastwood residents ,we have no powers to move people along ,so just what do residents do ? try and watch tv with a crowd of 50+ outside ?

Well with the Council receiving £1000 from each rented property within the selective licencing area I would expect to see improvements reasonably quickly.

There are approximately I believe to be 300 rented properties affected by the scheme so that is a hefty sum of money that will be collected.

Also money from other sources have also been acquired which should be spent in the area.

This scheme was sold to the residents, tenants, landlords and businesses as a way to improve the area and if it does not then questions need to be asked why improvements were not seen ?

Fingers crossed the area improves. Hoping for the best.

There are 350 rented properties affected..We have everything crossed, also hoping for the best..

There are 350 rented properties affected..We have everything crossed, also hoping for the best..

Here are the licensing conditions, have a read and then tell me how you think selective licencing will improve things in page hall= https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/housing/renting-hmo-landlords/selective-licensing/Selective-Licensing-Property-Standards--15-4-2014-/Selective%20Licensing%20Property%20Standards%20%2815-4-2014%29.doc

I read it a while ago.I personally don't agree with licensing,think it's a money maker for the council.

My partner bought a house last year that now falls within the area for voluntary licensing. He decided to comply as whilst it will cost for the licence, the amount is lower than it will be if/when it becomes compulsory.

But really! As already remarked on, some of what he has had to do is < masked swearing removed> ridiculous, such as a support rail for the couple of steps that lead up the garden - like that's going to be a help with problems in the area.......

Edited by Plain Talker
removing masked swearing

When do the inspections start anyone know.????

I read it a while ago.I personally don't agree with licensing,think it's a money maker for the council.

I think you will find (somewhere in the 73 pages) that it is not allowed to make money, or subsidise other areas.

However the staff costs are included in the estimations.