Eclipse club westfield

Does anyone remember the eclipse club that would have been on Carley Drive, Westfield?

Remember when the funfair used to open on the car park and once a circus.

sieraman

remember the club very well,used to love the place.joined in 1984 went in till it shut down.no windows in concert room just walls,a very tall lad used to sell bingo tickets think he was 7 ft 6in sadly passed away now.

When did it close down? Has anyone got any pictures of it?

Iremember it well,i used to go there most saturdays,i remember once they screened jaws 2 there one night,the place was packed.What year did it clo se?

What was it called before it was called the Eclipse? I remember it when I was little, but I'm sure it wasn't always called that.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 15:51 ----------

TOWNSHIP! lol

At a guess it closed early 1990's. I can't find any pictures showing it. Someone told me it was Holbrook working mens club.

always knew it as township club.holbrook and halfway club was where the bus garage is on way to killamarsh

The Halfway and Holbrook club was on Station Road nr the bus depot,it featured in a famous TV ad in the late sixties/ early seventies for Whitbread trophy Beer and many of the "turns" went on to become famous.There used to be a woman selling home made sandwiches in the doorway that were utterly delicious,she also provided a huge glass dish of cucumber and onions to put on your sandwiches,sadly like many others it was closed and demolished in the late 70's i believe.

I was thinking about this club the other day and wondered how much info there was online about it! Couldn't remember it being called Eclipse though.

The club was still there in the summer of 1994 but I can't remember if it looked still in use. As the next few years went on the club closed and was demolished to make way for the School Trends building - late 1990's?

I seem to think the club was near the corner of the plot where the tarmac path runs down the 2 sides of the School Trends car park, near the footbridge over Owlthorpe Greenway. I also seem to remember that the club looked a bit portakabin/pre-fabish.

Seemed a strange location to build a club-type place as back in the late 1980's there was only the John Barnett Youth Club on Carley Drive apart from the Eclipse club in the corner. Perhaps it was a last-minute addition to the Westfield township project but was the only bit of land available?

Anyone else know any more or have any photos?

I used to work there in the early 90'stages :-)

I used to work there in the early 90'stages :-)

Have you any photos of the club or any information at all please? Thanks in advance.