Help needed catching a stray cat asap.

Thank you for the information, I've not had s reply yet but will continue to try and catch him.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 09:32 ----------

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/ugly-beauty-queen/cats_zpsf39f2300.jpg

Ive attached a photo of the cat, its not very good though. He's the one at the back black with white chest. We have a few un neutered cats around at the min as my house cat is in season.

Catching this little one in a trap, sounds like your best bet, and safest!! However, if he looks in good condition, and is able to eat, he will not be classed as an emergency, so, please be mindful if you are using a trap to catch him, as if he is caught on say sunday or monday of this week, he would not be seen at the vets, despite them having an out of hours service, as it is NOT an emergency, if you see what I mean, if you can continue to feed and water him, then set the trap late on Monday, to minimise the amount of time he will possibley be in it.

Magie rarely gets her p.m's. If he is injured the RSPCA will come for him, failing that I'll P.M you Magsie's email address - you'll have more luck with that

Hi Bob, have messaged you. I've asked a regular forumer who has had successful dealings with injured cats and the RSPCA to contact you. If it's as simple as trapping and taking direct to Peak Vets for them to gain an Emergency Incident No., then the loan of a trap will be no problem. Great that you are helping the cat.

Hi Bobgirl I've had a good experience of RSPCA with this kind of thing. They can't help with every stray and get a bad press because of refusals but a couple of times in recent months I've had injured cats in my garden and they've helped.

First was Mac - I thought at first that a fox had had him because there were small bloody wounds over a lot of his back. He turned out to be quite friendly and I was able to put him in a carrier and take him up to Peak. RSPCA collected him from there. Turned out he had dermatitis. He was with them several months while they treated that and found a food he wasn't allergic to. Eventually they were able to rehome him.

The second was Jaws - who has a less happy ending though they were still helpful. He was a tom who had been hanging around a while - suddenly one side of his face was hugely swollen and he was clearly injured (abcess from fighting). I borrowed a trap from Maggie, caught him and took him to Peak. Again RSPCA came and got him. Sadly the fighting had got him FIV and they were unable to treat and rehome him. They made him comfortable for his 7 days waiting to see if anyone claimed him, pampered him and then had to put him to sleep. Not a happy ending but at least he was safe and warm and sheltered and fed in his last days rather than a prolonged death out in the rain and cold.

Hi,

Sorry I've not really updated on this today, we've been out trying to tempt him today with ham and tuna my partner almost got him but ended up with a fair few scratches to his hands. I will contact the rspca in the morning and continue to try and catch him.

also sorry I've not replied to inboxes my phone is been awkward.

try just ever so slighty warming the tuna in the microwave .. makes it smell even more delicious.

try just ever so slighty warming the tuna in the microwave .. makes it smell even more delicious.

Thanks I will do.

You're welcome to fetch my remote control trap. If you use a normal trap, you'll finish up with all the area's unneutered cats in it. Sounds like you wouldn't need to contact the RSPCA, general consensus seems to be trap, take to Peak, ask Peak to deal with RSPCA? Peak are great and will take in injured animals at a moment's notice. So good of you to care about this cat, one of so many needing help.

Just a little update, After reading magsie's post about not needing to contact the rspca. we went out to look for him and try and catch him, he was no where to be seen, im just hoping now he dose have a home and is getting treated for his injuries. I have considered that he may just be hiding so haven't given up on this little guy just yet and most defiantly will keep looking for him.

If there are a lot of full toms about & he is injured he will get bullied out of the area by the bigger stronger toms. Try putting some food in the children's playhouse where you first found him. The blankets will have his smell on them & he might retreat back there to be safe. Hope you find him soon poor little man:(