Malt and codliver oil

Loved the Malt extract could put up with the Cod Liver oil but also loved INDIAN BRANDY but hated Peroxide in my ears the noise the bubbles made sent me crazy I suffered as a child with wax in the ears and had to go to the school clinic on Leopold st to have my ears syringed every few months if my DAD ever took me I got a treat he would take me to the model shop on Church st and buy me a Dinky car mostly Army stuff any one remember the name of the raincoat shop on Orchard lane one of the clinics entrances was just below this shop the clinic I attended for the ears being stringed was at the corner of Leopold st and Church st upstairs two different clinics anyone also remember the swap shop on Orchard lane.

...any one remember the name of the raincoat shop on Orchard lane one of the clinics entrances was just below this shop... anyone also remember the swap shop on Orchard lane.
Directories show "Sheffield Raincoat Stores Ltd., waterproof garment dealers" at Nos. 8 and 21 Orchard Street (No 21 is in the middle of this photo), and "City Exchange" at No 10 Orchard Street.

...also loved INDIAN BRANDY...
Yes - me too! It seemed very effective for upset stomachs and tasted good as well. And you can still buy it..:)

remember all the supplements from the clinics, also mothers milk -still don't like milk, but it used to come in nice containers

Cod liver oil, just had a spoonful (every day), buy it in small bottle from Asda (own label). Sometimes take a swig from the bottle if in a hurry. Highly recommended!

I loved cod liver oil and malt, later Virol, I still occationally buy a bottle and have at least one desert spoon full.

Mum used to give us Liquafruita in winter for coughs, I was the only one who would take it.

Welfare orange, loved that too, can still taste it now.

Scotts Emulsion, god that was the fowlest stuff on earth, it only came out as a last resort when we were all down with coughs and colds.

Minadex, yes that too, didn't mind it

was glad when they brought cod liver oil capsuls in :o)

We used to go to the welfare clinic in Darnall.

Does any one remember the xray place somewhere down the more?

if you are taking capsels its like cheating if you are of a certain age when we had to grin and swallow ,<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

I take a tablespoon of Cod Liver Oil now and then as it helps with constipation.:)

Does any one remember the xray place somewhere down the more?
Yes - it was on Ellin Street. You can still get Liqufruta, in fact my daughter takes it for coughs and says it works very well..:)

What about thermagene wool my Mum used to make me a vest with it to wear in winter especially the winter of 1947, it used to make me sneeze and anyone who came close to me sneezed as well.

The stuff I remember came in large, brown , glass jars with the top large enough to get a big spoon in. Yes, I liked it.

Malt and yeast extract. I remember it well and quite liked it. Mum used to put in on the hearth next to the coal fire to soften and then we all got a spoonful of the stuff - from the same spoon of course !

Edited by Daven

What about bread poltices? My mum swore by them. And yes i remember thermogene, made me sneeze too.

used to get our cod L, oil ang orange J, from firth park welrare ,i still take a swig of cod L oil first thing in the morning ,i am nearly 74 ,not done me no harm,

Do you suffer from any ailments like Arthritis?

Just wondered with you having taken Cod Liver Oil for most of your life.

I have had c.l.o for the last 30 years every day and have tennis elbow and a fused pelvis. I don't think taking c.l.o would have prevented these two problems but I sometimes wonder what a state i would be in if I didn't take c.l.o?