Nirmals taking a slating on tripadviser

Just had a look on Trip Advisor. Blimey! There are some harsh reviews on there. Sounds like it could do with an undercover visit from one of the Sheffield Stars Food critics to investigate the quality of food & service being provided at present.

One of the most off putting experiences I ever had service wise was in the old 'Stirrings' curry house on Oakbrook Road. Got the food on the table...munch, munching....not bad....waiter plonks himself on the spare seat next to me & starts to complain about his aching feet. Noooo...

I don't mind the fact that old Gupta joins us at our table and recommends certain dishes.

I don't mind that they arrive and as we tuck in she remains seated beside us.

Back in the 80's I witnessed a student trying to undo the back of her sari as she evangelised to his group about her lamb bhuna..the mental imagery of the corpulent Mrs Gupta trying to protect her modesty with a couple of limp poppodoms has never left me :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 22:28 ----------

One of the most off putting experiences I ever had service wise was in the old 'Stirrings' curry house on Oakbrook Road. Got the food on the table...munch, munching....not bad....waiter plonks himself on the spare seat next to me & starts to complain about his aching feet. Noooo...

Apparently he used to stir the tarka dall with them ;)

Edited by boyfriday

Well said budLover

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 19:55 ----------

Well said gnvqsos

There is most certainly an inference Allwednesday er I mean PeakBob er I mean Curry addict!

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 11:53 ----------

I think Nirmals is more a labour of love. Years ago my mum went to an Indian cookery lesson at Nirmals (huge) house in Ranmoor. I don't think they're short of money!

Edited by lil-minx92

Been three times, food was OK one the first two occasions, third occasion was awful - i suspect the chef was having a bad day, or maybe a new chef? I haven't been back since though.

There is most certainly an inference Allwednesday er I mean PeakBob er I mean Curry addict!

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 11:53 ----------

I think Nirmals is more a labour of love. Years ago my mum went to an Indian cookery lesson at Nirmals (huge) house in Ranmoor. I don't think they're short of money!

You mean an implication-you made the inference!I do hope you are not studying law.

I went a few weeks ago and asked which meals were not Halal.

The chicken dishes are not Halal but every other meat dish is. I refuse to eat Halal dishes.

I went a few weeks ago and asked which meals were not Halal.

The chicken dishes are not Halal but every other meat dish is. I refuse to eat Halal dishes.

I find eating most dishes quite hard,especially porcelain for some reason.

You mean an implication-you made the inference!I do hope you are not studying law.

Doh! Fair cop!

Still learning!

Doh! Fair cop!

Still learning!

Good sport,lil-minx!I recommend home made curries-you can afford the food all the time that way.