Nirmals taking a slating on tripadviser

And you know for sure that it was Nirmals food that made you throw up? I dont think you can be 100% sure can you? Libelous words Ms Rat

Read it again; slowly.

Ms Rat makes no mention of being sick on account of the food. Libelous? Get out of my court!! :hihi:

I don't mind the fact that old Gupta joins us at our table and recommends certain dishes.

I don't mind that they arrive and as we tuck in she remains seated beside us.

What I do mind is the fact that her recommendations get added to our bill!

It was a decent place in 1987/88 but not so now. It's Piccolo's next door every time (okay, not a curry but a lovely steak with great service).

I don't mind the fact that old Gupta joins us at our table and recommends certain dishes.

I don't mind that they arrive and as we tuck in she remains seated beside us.

What I do mind is the fact that her recommendations get added to our bill!

It was a decent place in 1987/88 but not so now. It's Piccolo's next door every time (okay, not a curry but a lovely steak with great service).

you have to pay for your food in restaurants, thats how it works.

you have to pay for your food in restaurants, thats how it works.

I will happily pay for what I've ordered.

Anything Gupta shoves onto my table of her own accord should be gratis.

Not that it matters: the last time was just that.

We used to go regularly, especially for the Buffett Nights which were great value. Food was always good, especially Mrs Nirmals Curried Parsnips which were exceptional. We were 'regulars'. I say were, because we also fell victim to Mrs N's 'recommendations' for drinks. We nearly passed out at the bill!! Paid more for drinks than the food!! We felt we had been well & truly had by the smiling & ever so charming Mrs N :hihi: We never went back after that. Thought the least she could of done was tell us how much it was a flipping bottle!!

Once went a good few years ago, got to say totally underwhelmed.

I remember the headline in the Star when it reopened after the fire "Back to Nirmal'

As other posters have said, it was good 20 years ago, admitted there wasn't the vast choice there is these days. but over the last 10 years it lacks modern decor and the old chestnut of getting skanked with the 'have you tried this' routine wears a bit thin. Oh, and yes, the exposed midriff ... like 50lb of chewed bubblegum, yuk!!

Edited by sedith
remove the word days

And you know for sure that it was Nirmals food that made you throw up? I dont think you can be 100% sure can you? Libelous words Ms Rat

There is no suggestion that the food was responsible,you simply made that inference,making you responsible for any slur.:)

Some of thoese reviews are quality! :hihi:

Does she still show off that old review from the Guardian that's about 20 years old?

Her hygiene score isn't up to much either.

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/nirmal-restaurant--57937.html

Shame, it was good in it's day.

Yes the newspaper clippings are still plastered all over the walls

Yes the newspaper clippings are still plastered all over the walls

Probably been up that long, if taken down plaster would come off as well

What is staggering is that every so often some poor chump posts a glowing report-really ethnic decor,personable host,vfm etc. presumably posted by Nirmals stooges.

Read it again; slowly.

Ms Rat makes no mention of being sick on account of the food. Libelous? Get out of my court!! :hihi:

Well said budLover

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 19:55 ----------

There is no suggestion that the food was responsible,you simply made that inference,making you responsible for any slur.:)

Well said gnvqsos