Nirmals taking a slating on tripadviser

I've just been on tripadvisor nirmals last few reviews have been horrendous never rated it myself any one been recently

Not for ages. It has the distinction for me of being the only restaurant where I threw up before I paid the bill.

Only been once, years ago. Wouldnt rush back, Im afraid, not the best meal at all.

went once after all the hype, didnt rate it much at all. I think most of the 'hype' dates back at least 10 years? maybe it was good then!

went once after all the hype, didnt rate it much at all. I think most of the 'hype' dates back at least 10 years? maybe it was good then!

it had a good rep in the 80s - but its been downhill from there...

went once never again ,

The pushy owner doesnt help, but its living on past reputation,and hasnt been anything special for years. Not somewhere that would get my trade

Some of thoese reviews are quality! :hihi:

Does she still show off that old review from the Guardian that's about 20 years old?

Her hygiene score isn't up to much either.

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/nirmal-restaurant--57937.html

Shame, it was good in it's day.

I like this one :hihi:

"The owner (I presume) walked up to us in a very revealing crop top and skirt on with her stomach hanging out.. Which clearly didn't go well when it was hanging out in front of my face."

Joking aside it did used to be a good place to eat a few years ago!

Not for ages. It has the distinction for me of being the only restaurant where I threw up before I paid the bill.

And you know for sure that it was Nirmals food that made you throw up? I dont think you can be 100% sure can you? Libelous words Ms Rat

I went once and our bill for two people came to over £100, we'd only had 1 main course, the price of drinks it's outrageous! Never again.

Been about 20 times. Always had a nice meal, although the place is a bit dated decor wise and it's quite old fashioned. She does suggest specials, that is her style. She is running a Business after all and it's been there years so she is doing something right.

It's pricey must admit that. A bit surprised at some of the tripadvisor reviews, like I say it's always been quality food.

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 14:07 ----------

I went once and our bill for two people came to over £100, we'd only had 1 main course, the price of drinks it's outrageous! Never again.

What did you have champagne??? had drinks, starters, main courses, never come to more than 60 quid before so I know for a fact that's not true.

Edited by TJC1