Dumping rubbish in Halfway on the rise

I'm afraid it is on the rise everywhere. Until people learn to appreciate their environment and take care of it, it will only get worse.

I have been trying since December to get some flytipping (including fridge) removed. I have involved my local councillor, but without success.

I can only assume then that rather than actually bothering to take the fly tipper to court they are entered on to a file and then if after being identified three or four times they get a warning letter and then after a dozen times of being identified they actually end up with a £60 fine.

I actually spotted a guy last week in a popular dog walking spot doing his bit by collecting discarded rubbish and putting it in a bag. This reminded me of something called 'fairy bags' basically as you walk along if you spot an empty bag you pick it up and then fill it with rubbish as you continue your walk. I'm not just preaching either I've actually done this on one regular route I use although I'll admit rather than looking for a bag I took one with me and did the same on the following two trips to remove as much of the rubbish as I could. Probably no-one will even notice but I'm aware that one hedgerow now has far less rubbish in it.

What do you expect........ this was always going to be the end result of going to fortnightly bin collections. The council cannot expect people to reduce the amount of rubbish they produce just because the council cut the collections . The same amount of rubbish will still be there ,but will end up being disposed of in other ways because bins are full and not being emptied every week. Its obvious some of this rubbish will be fly tipped if people have no other means to get rid of it . People who dont drive cant take it to the tip .

The reduction in bin collections was always going to come back to haunt the council.

What do you expect........ this was always going to be the end result of going to fortnightly bin collections. The council cannot expect people to reduce the amount of rubbish they produce just because the council cut the collections . The same amount of rubbish will still be there ,but will end up being disposed of in other ways because bins are full and not being emptied every week. Its obvious some of this rubbish will be fly tipped if people have no other means to get rid of it . People who dont drive cant take it to the tip .

The reduction in bin collections was always going to come back to haunt the council.

You must have had a very big wheely bin before fortnightly collections as I couldn't get a mattress or settee in mine. If you use the recycle boxes and still cant fit it all in a black bin (we have recycle bins in neddc) you must be making an effort to make rubbish.

What do you expect........ this was always going to be the end result of going to fortnightly bin collections. Its obvious some of this rubbish will be fly tipped if people have no other means to get rid of it . People who dont drive cant take it to the tip .

Don't talk soft. Do you or anyone else you know put mattresses, slabs of concrete, plastic buckets, old tyres and oil drums in your wheelie bin? We're not talking a few black plastic sacks of household waste here, but fly-tipping on a serious scale. Nothing whatsoever to do with bin collections and everything to do with anti-social behaviour and downright vandalism.

Don't tell us that old fridges are dumped behind hedges because someone had nowhere to put the extra pizza boxes they collected that week.

Dumping and littering are done by pig-ignorant and selfish people who have no regard for the community in which they live. Don't try to blame it on the Council - it doesn't work.

Not even you can have a go at the Council for this one.

Don't talk soft. Do you or anyone else you know put mattresses, slabs of concrete, plastic buckets, old tyres and oil drums in your wheelie bin? We're not talking a few black plastic sacks of household waste here, but fly-tipping on a serious scale. Nothing whatsoever to do with bin collections and everything to do with anti-social behaviour and downright vandalism.

Don't tell us that old fridges are dumped behind hedges because someone had nowhere to put the extra pizza boxes they collected that week.

Dumping and littering are done by pig-ignorant and selfish people who have no regard for the community in which they live. Don't try to blame it on the Council - it doesn't work.

With that logic - you must work for the council. When we had weekly bin collections my bin was already over flowing with rubbish. Now times that by 2.

With that logic - you must work for the council. When we had weekly bin collections my bin was already over flowing with rubbish. Now times that by 2.

Do you cruise round in the lada collecting other people's rubbish ? I think the post above was spot on. (I dont work for the council)

Do you cruise round in the lada collecting other people's rubbish ? I think the post above was spot on. (I dont work for the council)

Rosyrat is full of rubbish IMO :(:(

you can easily fit cut up car tyres in the wheelie bin ( the council tips wont take them ) . the rubbish in the OP`s pictures is household bin bags ,so is clearly bin rubbish they cant fit in the wheelie , which you can assume is because their bin was full due to the bins now being emptied only once a fortnight.

We find mostly flytipping ie black sacks , comes from flats with household rubbish , but there bin collection is EVERY WEEK , we even have to check there bin rooms as they just throw the black sacks on the floor in the bin room , even though the bins are empty and even outside the flat communil door as they cant be bothered to go into the binroom sometimes ,if we dont check it veolia wont empty any bins or enter the binroom , now if thats not lazy i dont know what is . Also if you do have to much household waste it STILL DOES NOT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO FLY TIP ANYWHERE THEY WANT , go to the tip like normal people do or even ask any neighbours if they have any room in there bin , or if your bins are overflowing that bad contact veolia and request a bigger bin the more complaints veolia get , the more they have to sort the problem out .....BUT MOST OF ALL FLY TIPPING IS NOT SOLVING ANYTHING IT JUST MAKES YOUR COMMUNITY / ESTATE LOOK A **** HOLE .............which is not fair on the people that do care and have to clean it up !

We find mostly flytipping ie black sacks , comes from flats with household rubbish , but there bin collection is EVERY WEEK , we even have to check there bin rooms as they just throw the black sacks on the floor in the bin room , even though the bins are empty and even outside the flat communil door as they cant be bothered to go into the binroom sometimes ,if we dont check it veolia wont empty any bins or enter the binroom , now if thats not lazy i dont know what is . Also if you do have to much household waste it STILL DOES NOT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO FLY TIP ANYWHERE THEY WANT , go to the tip like normal people do or even ask any neighbours if they have any room in there bin , or if your bins are overflowing that bad contact veolia and request a bigger bin the more complaints veolia get , the more they have to sort the problem out .....BUT MOST OF ALL FLY TIPPING IS NOT SOLVING ANYTHING IT JUST MAKES YOUR COMMUNITY / ESTATE LOOK A **** HOLE .............which is not fair on the people that do care and have to clean it up !

Exactly my point... Lazy tramps dumping rubbish is making our area look a tip and it is not fair on the decent people around here

Hi all,

I am writing this in a more than annoyed state of mind which i will explain in a moment.

Basically has anyone else from the Halfway or S20 area noticed that dumping rubbish is on the rise and local dog walks are just becoming tipping grounds for inconsiderate Tramps, scrubbers, low lives and so on.

Just took the pooch out and i knew it was getting bad around here but this is absolutely appalling (see link to pics)

Now to why i am annoyed. On arrival home i decided to contact my local MP Mr Clive 'unreachable' Betts via email only to receive a notice that the email address provided on the http://www.sheffield.gov.uk council website was actually in active. I then thought i would call the office with the number provided in hope to get the answering machine..... turned out i was the fax number that they provide so you cant actually contact with any of the details provided.

Has anyone else noticed dumping rubbish on the rise? not even n halfway just in general.

link to pics:http://s710.photobucket.com/user/Lynxb4u/library/rubbish?page=1

I contacted Amey a few weeks ago to make a complaint about litter in the streets. I was told that if a complaint is made they have an obligation to clean up that area, so long as it isn't private property. Blow me down, the street I complained about has been cleaned. So, if everyone complained to Amey something will get done about it.