Dumping rubbish in Halfway on the rise

Hi all,

I am writing this in a more than annoyed state of mind which i will explain in a moment.

Basically has anyone else from the Halfway or S20 area noticed that dumping rubbish is on the rise and local dog walks are just becoming tipping grounds for inconsiderate Tramps, scrubbers, low lives and so on.

Just took the pooch out and i knew it was getting bad around here but this is absolutely appalling (see link to pics)

Now to why i am annoyed. On arrival home i decided to contact my local MP Mr Clive 'unreachable' Betts via email only to receive a notice that the email address provided on the http://www.sheffield.gov.uk council website was actually in active. I then thought i would call the office with the number provided in hope to get the answering machine..... turned out i was the fax number that they provide so you cant actually contact with any of the details provided.

Has anyone else noticed dumping rubbish on the rise? not even n halfway just in general.

link to pics:http://s710.photobucket.com/user/Lynxb4u/library/rubbish?page=1

Near the railways tracks gonna on rother vallet is full of rubbish and some look like house hold rubbish from bins. I think when the weather picks up rats will increase and move closer to our masionettes here.

Hi all,

Now to why i am annoyed. On arrival home i decided to contact my local MP Mr Clive 'unreachable' Betts via email only to receive a notice that the email address provided on the http://www.sheffield.gov.uk council website was actually in active. I then thought i would call the office with the number provided in hope to get the answering machine..... turned out i was the fax number that they provide so you cant actually contact with any of the details provided.

link to pics:http://s710.photobucket.com/user/Lynxb4u/library/rubbish?page=1

This is a Local Authority matter and won't be dealt with by an MP. Clive Betts would hand this over to Environmental Services, whose job it is to deal with the issue.

We have this all the time where I live, where people dump household and building waste on Green Belt land. We get Amey to clear up the big stuff and our local team of volunteers does its best to keep the general litter down, although it's s struggle.

Contact Amey in the first instance on 2734567 & then get in touch with your local councillors & let them know the extent of the problem. Tell them you want a regular watch kept on that particular piece of ground.

I'm not completely sure what ward you're in - is the land in Beighton or Mosborough? Go on to http://www.sheffield.gov.uk, click the link for Your City Council, then Councillors.

Good luck. Rubbish dumping is a real blight & our greenfield sites seem to be coming off worst.

This is a Local Authority matter and won't be dealt with by an MP. Clive Betts would hand this over to Environmental Services, whose job it is to deal with the issue.

We have this all the time where I live, where people dump household and building waste on Green Belt land. We get Amey to clear up the big stuff and our local team of volunteers does its best to keep the general litter down, although it's s struggle.

Contact Amey in the first instance on 2734567 & then get in touch with your local councillors & let them know the extent of the problem. Tell them you want a regular watch kept on that particular piece of ground.

I'm not completely sure what ward you're in - is the land in Beighton or Mosborough? Go on to http://www.sheffield.gov.uk, click the link for Your City Council, then Councillors.

Good luck. Rubbish dumping is a real blight & our greenfield sites seem to be coming off worst.

thank you for the information, i never realised how much the tramps around here annoy me until instances like this occur. Its just immoral to dump in your own area or any area for that matter. it is literally like they have taken there black bin and tipped it out on a dog walk.

really annoyed

I totally agree with you , fly tipping is getting worse day by day and i do know , as its part of my job to go and pick it up after people that live on the estates cannot be bothered to go to the tip with unwanted items correctly :( . Believe me you would not believe the money it cost for the council to keep removing all peoples crap lets say, we can do at least 4 or 5 tip runs a day which items range from household rubbish , to settees , matresses , tvs , fridges etc etc you name it we have to clear it up . When fly tips are collected we do look for addresses etc , yes we have to rummage through mucky nappys and who knows what else , to find any evidence we can to pass on to management so the people doing it can be taken to court . "i could go on and on as it really annoys me to see rubbish dumped anywhere and most annoying the people doing it will dump it on your back gate on front path , but never on there own doorstep :( . ..........ps it looks like where this rubbish is dumped it will be parks and woodlands that have to remove it ,,,,anything on sheffield homes land for halfway you will have to contact crystal peaks housing office and they will remove it within 24 hrs .

Edited by RELIABLE

I totally agree with you , fly tipping is getting worse day by day and i do know , as its part of my job to go and pick it up after people that live on the estates cannot be bothered to go to the tip with unwanted items correctly :( . Believe me you would not believe the money it cost for the council to keep removing all peoples crap lets say, we can do at least 4 or 5 tip runs a day which items range from household rubbish , to settees , matresses , tvs , fridges etc etc you name it we have to clear it up . When fly tips are collected we do look for addresses etc , yes we have to rummage through mucky nappys and who knows what else , to find any evidence we can to pass on to management so the people doing it can be taken to court . "i could go on and on as it really annoys me to see rubbish dumped anywhere and most annoying the people doing it will dump it on your back gate on front path , but never on there own doorstep :( . ..........ps it looks like where this rubbish is dumped it will be parks and woodlands that have to remove it ,,,,anything on sheffield homes land for halfway you will have to contact crystal peaks housing office and they will remove it within 24 hrs .

I did the same last time i cleared up a few boxes around Christmas time that had been dumped. i checked the envelopes but there was no address or name. what gets me the most is it is probably the people you pass by in the day and say hello to with a smile.

whats your advice? best people to call?

I did the same last time i cleared up a few boxes around Christmas time that had been dumped. i checked the envelopes but there was no address or name. what gets me the most is it is probably the people you pass by in the day and say hello to with a smile.

If you see anyone dumping rubbish try and find out there address or car reg , and if they are a sheffield homes tennant they are breaching tennancy conditions , which can lead to them being evicted and taken of the housing list and also a big fine , and if they are private house owners they can get a big fine once taken to court .If your not sure who to report it to , just look at where the items are , ie , if its in woods like your pics it will be parks and woodlands to report it to , or lets say if its on grass verge or a genal or at the back of sheffield homes houses , then you need to call crystal peaks housing office , now if its on the road side or sheffield council land then you will have to report it to amy . Now if you do see any information on any fly tips its best not to remove them , maybe take pics of location and of any details you may think somebody could be charged for fly tipping , but main thing is call the people whos land the rubbish is on and who ever collects it , which will be someone like me and i WILL take pictures and get any evidence to get these no brain people to court .

ps if this all sounds to confusing and you are a sheffield homes tennant call the housing office and they will give you any help they can and if its not there land they will contact the people whos land it is .

Edited by RELIABLE

Phone the councils tip deparmental.

Phone the councils tip deparmental.

Eh?

We've already provided links for the OP. Don't know what you think you've just said.

Eh?

We've already provided links for the OP. Don't know what you think you've just said.

I responded to the persom.

I wonder how many people actually get a big fine if they are caught either in the act of fly tipping or found out as they'd left personal details to be found. Maybe that is what is needed some high profile, highly publicised accounts of people actually getting fined.

I wonder how many people actually get a big fine if they are caught either in the act of fly tipping or found out as they'd left personal details to be found. Maybe that is what is needed some high profile, highly publicised accounts of people actually getting fined.

I agree with that comment, i take all the evidence when cleaning up all the fly tips and pass all the information on to management , i even have to sighn statements etc to say what i found and that i took the pictures , BUTTTTTTTTTTT i never get feedback to say if anyone is charged , which when im doing it day in day out , it gets really demoralising lets say ...i think a name and shame is what we need , anyone convicted should be put on the front page of all local papers and even tara leaflets which go out to local residents .