Talk Talk Broadband

I think they have a download limit - best check.

im not sure but i think it was a 40 GIG limit per month

your right, they have a 40gig per month limit, but, that is not too bad, I have been considering going onto their scheme, but, I believe you have to be on BT first, and I have no phone line at all at the moment.

your right, they have a 40gig per month limit, but, that is not too bad, I have been considering going onto their scheme, but, I believe you have to be on BT first, and I have no phone line at all at the moment.

thought they were putting their own mast thingys up so you now dont have to have a BT line?

if its the actually line that needs installing BT will do it but tie you into a contract i think its 12 months, or if they just need to re connect your line its 3 month. Theres only BT and cable that will fit lines.

we have telewest 2mb broadband, cable tv and phone line with free weekend calls for £25 per month

thought they were putting their own mast thingys up so you now dont have to have a BT line?
They take over the line from BT using a system called Local Loop Unbundling.

Check carefully with their website checker that they are planning on including your exchange in their LLU program - if they aren't then it will cost you more than the advertised £20.99, and also what date they will be doing the LLU from as well - they are only providing limited cover ATM until they put their own kit in....

And if you need any technical support it's going to cost you a fortune by the looks of things... I agree with previous posters, it's best to let someone else take the risk first to see what it's like before you sign up for the 18 month contract!

Most People Are Only In The Evenings Due To Work So Why They Need To Pay For 24/7 Calls

> To Get Free International Calls You Have To Use A 5 Digit Prefix Code

> They Cannot/Willnot Guarantee Customers The Use Of The Calls Abroad

> Free Broadband, Only If Your Exhange Is LLU (Local Loop Unbundling)

> 1000 LLU Exchanges Will be available In May 2007

> If Exachange Is Not LLu Then Extra £9.99

> LLU May Cause You To Lose All Service For 24 Hours

> The Above Can Lose You To Lose Passwords/Settings On PC

> £29.99 Connection Fee

> 18 Month Contract!!(How Much Has Changed With Broadband In The Last 18 Months)

> Cannot Give Guaranteed Date for The Broadband Activation (Known Cases Lasting In Excess of 6 Weeks)

> Cancel the Broadband Before Activation And Get Charged £45+ VAT

> Cancel While In Term And Pay Remainder Of Term + £70

> Moving House? Then Re-Eneter The Term Again

> Want To Re-Grade Your Broadband? Re-Enter Term

> Need Tech Help? 50ppm (20 minute call = £10, just think about it!)

> Company Reserves Right To Withdraw Or Amend This Offer(!)

> Have A Fault? They Can Charge You For Inconvenience To Them!

> The Company Expects To Run At A Loss Of Upto £50 million In 1st year

> Then Running A Total Loss Of £110m Before Expecting Return

> The Company Even Got 40 Gigabit Mixed Up With Gigabyte

> CEO Admits Their Weakness Is Customer Service

> The Company Now Wants To Sue BT So Add More To Those Losses Above

I took this from another forum, its enough to convince me to stay with tiscalli. I pay £17 a month for unlimited download and all local and national phone calls

Ofcom should from July start removing restrictions from BT so expect BT to offer new packages and be now able to compete fairly. The talk talk package is probably the first of many offers that will be made available over the next few months. You will also find that the diversity of packages will also increase moving away from just phone and broadband. There are over 100 licensed telecomm operators in the UK and all of them will have to compete.

i think BT is the only broadband supplier who don't tie you into a contract so they will be my choice