Lane Top/ Elm lane area

Hi

I am thinking of moving to sheffield lane top area, maybe elm lane or a road just off it such as hereward road/cliffe house road

Does anyone have any experience of this area/living here?

Thanks

Edited by SpiceShef

save up more and do yourself a favour and get a better area. lots of car crime and antisocial behaviour around there. and of course the odd house break in or two

does this not happen elsewere as well

Hereward Road is fine. Good value houses for sale on there. My sister has lived there for last 2 years and loves it.

Sorry to say Molly but what area you know which is crime free? Crimes are common in anywhere so I don't think if someone have not enough money to buy a house at luxury class areas. So move here and enjoy your life.

Thanks....any more info appreciated.

I know it is not Totley etc but I cant afford that.

Just want a decent area with hardworking people for neighbours.

Moolys right not very good area but living on more affluent area would not stop you getting broken into but less chance of anti-social behaviour away from the two most notorious areas Shiregreen and Parsons Cross and I live on cusp of both

SpiceShef, I live at Lane Top. I do a lot of work for many people on Hereward Road, also a few people on Cliffe House Road. Both places are nice tidy places with seemingly nice people, I would have no problem living there myself.

I've lived at Lane Top, just off Elm Lane for a couple of years and have never had any problems.

Decent bus routes to town; 265, 87 and 75, 5 minutes drive from junction 35 on the M1, 10-15 minute drive to Meadowhall.