Carter hall fisheries

I've never been before mate got told by a mate to go there because its fishing well just need some tips because I need to prove I'm a better fisherman than my mate lool

I've never been before mate got told by a mate to go there because its fishing well just need some tips because I need to prove I'm a better fisherman than my mate lool

Don't we all try and prove where better anglers than others lol!

Thinking bread if you can use it for some Crusians, if I'd had know early bout the size of the Perch I'd have been there with the lobs beginning of the year

Yes very true haha I think may give the method a go straight up to the island and hair rig a pellet or maybe corn or maybe pellet cone

£5 one rod only, pretty sure no match this week but will say on website, method feeders good, meat or pellet. Definitely go on the top pond

£5 one rod only, pretty sure no match this week but will say on website, method feeders good, meat or pellet. Definitely go on the top pond

Cheers Mate

How is this place fishing, the pond nearest the car park would be best for me.

Any info regarding depth would be good.

The pegs near to the car park on the right hand side are the deepest at around 5ft, the pond then shallows up towards the top end to about 3 to 4ft at about 8m out, its mainly small carp, Ide, Tench, Crucians and skimmers but also has Carp to over 20lb+, maggot, worm or expander pellet should give you a few bites this time of the year.

Thanks Dave good rundown, just what I needed. I will go next week for a look.

When the weather improves a little I will be fishing Carterhall a few times this year, cracking little place, you do need to get here quite early (6.30-7am) as it can get quite busy even on week days once the weather starts warming up.

When the weather improves a little I will be fishing Carterhall a few times this year, cracking little place, you do need to get here quite early (6.30-7am) as it can get quite busy even on week days once the weather starts warming up.

What's your biggest fish out of there?, comments about twenty pound carp surprise me.

They have fish over 20lb+ in the bottom/new pond, all the big carp were taken from the top pond and put in here, my biggest carp is only about 6/7lb as I mainly fish for the big Ide on the top pond.

On the Carterhall website it mentions mature carp from 8lb up to 28lb in the bottom pond.