Carter hall fisheries

They have fish over 20lb+ in the bottom/new pond, all the big carp were taken from the top pond and put in here, my biggest carp is only about 6/7lb as I mainly fish for the big Ide on the top pond.

On the Carterhall website it mentions mature carp from 8lb up to 28lb in the bottom pond.

Yes but has anyone to your knowledge actually seen a twenty come out of there.

Also I was talking to the owner a few years ago and he said that he wasn't allowed matches on it, I went to see about having a few club matches on there, has that changed now?.

Yes Trav you can book matches on the top pond but not the bottom one, I have to admit the largest one was about 15lb that I have seen caught, but if you go in summer you can see very large carp cruising around on top of the sunken island on the bottom pond. give it ago mate and let me know how you get on.

Saw around a 20 come out beginning off last summer, biggest i got last year was 17lb. On the bottom pond about 3 pegs put watch out for the lilies you cant see them in the winter.

Big fish don't interest me as I can't handle them, nice to know about submerged lilies thanks.

Is there anyone on here that still goes here? I'm thinking of going (would normally be an afternoon till dusk, but unsure if it's good? Does it get busy? Thanks.

Is there anyone on here that still goes here? I'm thinking of going (would normally be an afternoon till dusk, but unsure if it's good? Does it get busy? Thanks.

I had a walk around on Friday, plenty of fish topping and the bailiff said it had fished well all winter, im sure you will catch using maggot, pellet and worm, only two people fishing on Friday but both catching.