Carter hall fisheries

does anyone on here fish it regular??

do they have open matches?

have just moved up frecheville so this pond is not far at all from me and was wondering what its like now. i have fished it a few times in the past but when there was only the one pond.

any info appreciated please.

Not been for a while myself but bottom pond has all the big carp in to 20 odd pound plus has stockies and crushions ide top pond has the same but smaller carp as big ones getting put in bottom pond also has perch roach and the usual stuff

They use to have evening matches in the summer, have a look on the website.

only been once this year (Jan) on top pond steady day on chop worm/dead maggot, mainly ide but one decent carp on pellet early on from across to island. maggot shallow in summer does the business but chop/caster/dead maggot on deck still good.

Bottom one usually fishes well feeding micro pellet with either 4 or 6mm expander on the deck about 8/9m out, mainly stocky carp and tench with odd crucian. be aware of the sunken island at the far end of the pond (away from car park). Crackin little fishery

I go every week, top pond is stocked with

Carp upto 20lb

IDE up to 3lb

Perch up to 4lb

Roach to 1.5lb

Rudd

Barbel

Crucians

Tench

Through the winter I've had days where I've only targeted the silvers,fished about 2metres out and have normally over 15 lb in a few hours, days where I've gone for the carp I always get a few, dobbing bread to the islands with bread is working best at the moment but when it warms up pellets work the best, had a few perch over 2 lb this year and plenty of carp. They used to do some opens but not sure if they do anymore, give Jeremy a ring

More info on here

http://carterhallfishery.webs.com/home.htm

cheers for the info guys will have a drive up this weekend see what the crack is!!

---------- Post added 07-04-2013 at 21:08 ----------

Had a drive up and looks good am goin to have a pop thursday or friday, love venues what offer a good mixed bag!!!

Hello, I Am just wondering if anyone could give me some info and tactics for carter hall as I am fishing there this Saturday?? Would be a great help thanks.

Hello, I Am just wondering if anyone could give me some info and tactics for carter hall as I am fishing there this Saturday?? Would be a great help thanks.

Pellet/meat across to island(if drawn opposite one) feeding micro pellets, you can also fish up in the water with maggot just short of island or about 11m if your not, chop worm/casters/dead maggot also work well fishing on bottom between 8 to 10m, small method across to island or into gap near aerator's if you draw there. Hope that helps.

I fish there twice a week, at the moment the IDE are really feeding well so targeting them on worm/caster they are also taking meat well at the moment, the carp are just starting to slow down abit for spawning but they are tucked well away in the reeds most of the time so getting tight into them in best, I'd say if conditions stay as they are then pegs 4,5,6 are the ones you want, if we get abit of warmth them 9,10,11,12 are good, those 4 are also completely sheltered making them great pegs on windy days.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate on which pond? Will there be matches Saturday only I'm going to go for a day session, would method feeder work well tight to the feeds? And any other baits mate

It's £5 mate don't know about 2rods though

Cheers mate, I'll have a run over and have a look see only seen it when it was first open a few years ago