David milliband

DM talks about aspiration.

In this post-Blair neoliberal country of ours, aspiration means consumerism. Consumerism = debt = handing your backsides to the banks. It's about owning:rolleyes: shiny new things made abroad and spending your life worrying about not being able to buy a house at double what it's really worth.

EM (finally) understood this because he is one with his fingerprints all over the evidence pre-2008. DM doesn't understand what went wrong and why we must not continue. DM does however know that despite the destructiveness of the policies that the headline results (house prices, shiny new things made abroad) win votes.

DM would be a disaster for this country

I can't see that at all. David Miliband?

He's a Tony Blair clone, a man photographed brandishing a banana and a man who may well have questions to answer about "Extraordinary rendition" along with Jack Straw and a few others.

What has David Miliband ever done in politics to show that he'd be a good leader of the Labour party? I really don't get it.

If you mean by Blair clone he knew how to win elections, then yea I'd agree with you. Just like people not admitting to voting Tory, the electorate had the same relationship with Blair.

He's got a point though. Labour, or was it the unions, picked the wrong brother.
I know he's got a point.

I just feel he could have chosen a better time to express those critical comments, rather then so soon after his brother's emotional resignation speech.

Dave Miliband would not have won this election for Labour although he would have probably helped to avert the total disaster that befell Labour on May 7.

Yvette Cooper had she run in 2010, rather than deferring to her idiot husband's wishes, might have had a better chance. She was the best choice for Labour's leader in 2010. She could have beaten both of the Milibands.

He's got a point though. Labour, or was it the unions, picked the wrong brother.

MPs and party members picked David.

Trades Unions picked Ed.

So which won, do you think?

Trades Unions picked Ed.

Given the result last Thursday neither...

Trades Unions picked Ed.

Given the result of last Thursday's election. It would appear the country won.

David Milliband...........yesterdays man!