David milliband

I don't rate Ed Miliband, but the way David Miliband has flounced out of front line politics after failing to win the 2010 Labour leadership contest shows to me that he isn't the sort of person I would like to see as leader of Her Majesty's Opposition either.

or you could say he didn't want to take away any of the attention from his brother. taking a back seat when he obviously had the ambition to become PM says more about his loyalty than anything else. He didn't flounce, he made a statement and then didn't want to talk about it any more even when journalists wanted nothing more than his constant comment on his brothers performance.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 14:16 ----------

How convenient for her .... Nothing to do with the scandle then?

what scandal would that be? The one about her ex business partner? I fail to see how that reflects on her at all.

Sounds like he's off to run Tracey Island , only to return in Thunderbird 5 to save us all ???

Given how "underwater" the country is:

"Insolvent; unable to meet a financial obligation. "

He should pick Thunderbird 4 instead.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 16:58 ----------

Ed Miliband will have been troubled by the news of his brother David’s resignation. Not because he cares about him, but because it was yet more evidence that even top broadcasters still don’t know which Miliband is which.

On Twitter, both BBC Radio 5 Live and LBC announced that Ed Miliband was quitting politics. For future reference: telling the Milibands apart is just like telling Ant & Dec apart. Ed’s always the one on the left.

Hence why I always refer to them as the "Milliband Twins".

It's so touching to read the sympathies for David Milliband from some of the Forum's Tories. They were so touching I almost didn't realise that they were expressed so that they could have a dig at the Labour Party. :rolleyes:

It's so touching to read the sympathies for David Milliband from some of the Forum's Tories. They were so touching I almost didn't realise that they were expressed so that they could have a dig at the Labour Party. :rolleyes:

It must be quite disappointing for him to be praised by the old firm.

Having just seen the news,and a short interview with David Milliband,i'm glad for him he's been offered this job in the US.

Everytime they interview him they bring up the fact that he lost the leadership position to his younger brother, implying he is bitter about that.

Even though there may be some rivalry and competitiveness between them that doesn't have to mean he is jealous.

If there is any envy its more likely to be from Ed who should never have stood against his brother to become the Labour leader.

His bother who is the leader of the labour party went behind his back. He would off made a far better leader than him becauses he speaks and looks daft.

Having just seen the news,and a short interview with David Milliband,i'm glad for him he's been offered this job in the US.

Everytime they interview him they bring up the fact that he lost the leadership position to his younger brother, implying he is bitter about that.

Even though there may be some rivalry and competitiveness between them that doesn't have to mean he is jealous.

If there is any envy its more likely to be from Ed who should never have stood against his brother to become the Labour leader.

Why was EM wrong to stand-surely many would have nominated him?

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 19:39 ----------

The bald guy with the funny specs on the BBC News bulletin yesterday said David got the majority of votes from the Labour membership and Labour MPs, but brother Ed got through just on the Union vote. Just shows where the balance of power still lays within Labour.

Harry Hill?I thought he was on ITV.

the mp in the pheb (mr mitchell) gate has been offered a job in the EU by the pm, the mp who lied about the points got £70k (chris hulme) i wonder how much compo this mp (david milliband) will get?

The bald guy with the funny specs on the BBC News bulletin yesterday said David got the majority of votes from the Labour membership and Labour MPs, but brother Ed got through just on the Union vote. Just shows where the balance of power still lays within Labour.

The bald guy with funny specs on the BBC news is Nick Robinson, the political editor for the BBC.

He was also President of the Oxford University Conservative Association.

Why was EM wrong to stand-surely many would have nominated him?

I thought more people had nominated David.I was surprised ED got most of the votes actually.David appeared more suitable and seemed more popular.

Ambition is a neccesity in politics,but when a younger brother( obviously influenced by the elder but not neccessarily the brightest) follows the same career and acchieves the most success, it could be viewed as a mean decision to have stood against the one who had probably had the most influence on him and helped him up the ladder.

I thought more people had nominated David.I was surprised ED got most of the votes actually.David appeared more suitable and seemed more popular.

Ambition is a neccesity in politics,but when a younger brother( obviously influenced by the elder but not neccessarily the brightest) follows the same career and acchieves the most success, it could be viewed as a mean decision to have stood against the one who had probably had the most influence on him and helped him up the ladder.

Did Ed go into politics because David did?

I do know that Tony Blair had a pact with Gordon Brown at the Granita Restaurant before the 1997 election, but I didn't think that David and Ed did.