Sign in to follow this  

Denmark, Muslims, and THOSE cartoons

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Since when did Odin have a son called Hamlet?Hagar does. If I have any protest it's that your education is to say the least inacurate, Odin was father to Thor and Loki all of whom were gods of the Vikings not as you and your army of pagan retards would like to claim your gods

Death to the pagan infidels who would lay claim to our glorius Norse guides and rulers. May Skadi(She is the goddess of Justice, Vengeance, and Righteous Anger) lay her justice upon you.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

A simple device used by the infidels to distract attention away from the true purpose of Hagar, which is to mock our Gods.

The image of Hagar is still a caricature of the great Odin ('Hamlet' is a Danish name anyway and if you really think I am stupid enough to get drawn into mentioning anything from Denmark in detail then youre mistaken, check out recent news events to see why - you really think that I want Mustafa Confrontation and his buddies protesting outside my house?).

Richard

I did'nt generalise and slate all muslims, that's why I named Finsbury Park.

Firstly, I think you're wrong to generalise on Muslims who go to Finsbury Park. Yes, there may be a higher concentration of less desirable Muslims there, but I think it's difficult to assume all adhere to the words of extremists that preech there.

Secondly, I think anyone who makes statements such as "the Jews wont bother demonstrating, they are too busy working and minding their own business" is just simple-minded. I dislike the phrase 'the Jews' used in that context. I think it differs from someone saying for e.g. 'The Jews that go to X'. Also, there are various negative inferences that can be drawn from "they are too busy working..", including that Jews may not take their religion seriously and that they are so work dominated that it precludes them from offence.

I think we should just give the Muslim world a lesson in tolerance and free speech and just ignore them!

Can anyone tell me why Iran’s response to the Danish cartoons is to publish their own cartoons about the holocaust?

As far as I’m aware Israel has not published the cartoons, and Denmark is not a Jewish state, nor are the cartoons published by Jewish friendly media! :huh:

Why is Iran’s angst over this issue aimed at Israel? :loopy:

The editor of the Danish newspaper says he published the cartoons because in his opinion people refrain from criticisng Islam enough.

I think this Iranian newspaper is responding tit-for-tat - kind of "hows this for free speech then" - how do you like THOSE apples, etc.

Its playground tactics.

But why attack the Jews? We all know Iran hates Israel, but why do they insist on attacking the Jews over this issue?

"tit-for-tat" would require an action to respond to, but AFAIK Israel has had nothing to do with this arguement. Its kind of like telling off the dog when the cat sh*ts on the carpet!

Iran has realised that the only sacred cow in Europe appears to be the holocaust, so they're using it as their 'freedom of speach' argument.

"Farid Mortazavi, the paper's graphics editor, said the cartoons would be published to test the argument of western newspapers which have cited freedom of expression in printing the prophet Muhammad images.

"The western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," Mr Mortazavi said.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoonprotests/story/0,,1703925,00.html

This subject is already being discussed on this thread.

You are incorrect when you say that Israeli newspapers haven't published the cartoons. The Jerusalem Post did so, a day before Iran held its 'competition'

Religious extremists will jump on any bandwagon if they think it'll cause lots and lots of International trouble and get their mugs in all teh papers... :loopy:

This Danish cartoons thing is just the next in a long line of their "causes".

Thanks Abdul, I didn’t know about this papers publication.

It still seems weird to me though ... why go for the Jews when the Danish started all of this.

There is already cartoon published for the danes...Hagar the Horrible and Asterix. :hihi:;)