Sign in to follow this  

Denmark, Muslims, and THOSE cartoons

Have any of you had to live in a country where "Sharia" law prevails? No wearing of shorts or short sleeved shirts, in 45 Degree temp's - - Woman being beaten in the street for wearing short skirts. Yes, the religious police do exist. Did we have protests when Monty Python sketches showed "God'" as a big black foot decending on "Whoever"????

Who are these people? let them either live in the community they have (Escaped) to - - or return to the country and religion they believe in.

In some of those countries - - they would be mown down in the streets - just for protesting.

Forgive me but if God, whether he/she is known as God, Bhudda, Allah, etc, saw that people were being threatened, protests suggesting that cartoonists have their heads chopped off and babies wearing hats with "I love Alqueda" were being paraded around, violence towards individuals and institutions was being perpetrated all because of a cartoon - a joke...Wouldn't that God want the fear and suffering to stop, infact if he/she saw this, would they actually care about the cartoon at all? Wouldn't a God be above such things and want his followers to take them in their stride also?

Have any of you had to live in a country where "Sharia" law prevails? No wearing of shorts or short sleeved shirts, in 45 Degree temp's - - Woman being beaten in the street for wearing short skirts. Yes, the religious police do exist. Did we have protests when Monty Python sketches showed "God'" as a big black foot decending on "Whoever"????

Who are these people? let them either live in the community they have (Escaped) to - - or return to the country and religion they believe in.

In some of those countries - - they would be mown down in the streets - just for protesting.

I have lived in a country where "Sharia" law was enforced, but thats another story. One thing I learnt was to be understanding of other cultures.

You can not compare Islam and Christianity with regard to images of Gods and Prophets. This shows a lack of understanding of Islam and history.

Christians have shown images of Jesus and artistic interpretations of God for centuries in many mediums, therefore making a joke is not taken so hard.

However in Islam as I'm aware images of the Prophet Mohammed are forbidden, therefore not often seen (if ever). So it will cause far more offense.

I have lived in a country where "Sharia" law was enforced, but thats another story. One thing I learnt was to be understanding of other cultures.

You can not compare Islam and Christianity with regard to images of Gods and Prophets. This shows a lack of understanding of Islam and history.

Christians have shown images of Jesus and artistic interpretations of God for centuries in many mediums, therefore making a joke is not taken so hard.

However in Islam as I'm aware images of the Prophet Mohammed are forbidden, therefore not often seen (if ever). So it will cause far more offense.

I respect your post.... but you had to live there at that time under their ( some Muslims law ) Fact is you live here now and you come across as living by our laws ( European ) I bet you feel more free in your expression.... at least you can chastise your own religion without fear of retribution or any others for that fact.

Part1 Muslims.

Just for the record I would like to say that there is a certain level of hypocracy from so called Islamic nations.

Many are just represent Islam in a token manner, failing to apply Islamic principles and laws yet still claiming to be the bastions of Islam. They are generally corrupt and self centred, and in all honesty care very little about their people.

Its fine and dandy applying Islamic penalties of amputation etc to non Arabs, whilst the leaders steal from their people on monumental scales and are untouchable.

Interms of intellect, they have learnt very little from history. They act like the Spanish did around the 14th century when they had vast amounts of Gold looted from their conquests in the Southern America's, spending their money to buy luxuries but not really investing the wealth to create a future for their nations and their people.

In terms of mentality, they remind me in many ways of the Jewish people who saw themselves being better than the rest (chosen by God) yet also viewing themselves as the victims. Muslims have taken over this mantle from the Jewish people as being the perpetual victims. They fail to recognise that God helps those who help themselves.

I mean no disrespect to Muslims who are Arabs, however in fairness I must say that Arabic muslims in general view non Arab muslims as being inferior.

They are clearly not adhering to what the Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) told them on his Last Sermon.

Indeed look at the disasters that have befallen many part of the non Arabic muslim world, the latest being in Pakistan. At a time when oil producing Arabic nations are having an absolute bonanza, the response to their fellow muslims in their time of need has been shockingly abysmal. Yet somehow they think they will be able to face their Creator and expect to be rewarded.

I'd go further and say that they have shown the Palestinans who are Arabic v little support in the last 60 years. They have an opportunity now to give financial support and time will tell if they will take up their responsibilities.

Muslims and in particular Rich Arabic States need to wake up from their slumber and constant harking to the past and face realities of where we are, what we need to do.

They need to stop this constant whining of being persecuted and misunderstood and play the part of Muslims and be a shining light to the rest of the world.

The world is going through huge changes both in economics and climate. Now is the time to change!

Else, they can expect someone else to come along and conquer them and they can carry on with their nostalga of victimhood.

[mod note]Thread back after a severe pruning and cooling off period. Please try to keep it on topic and refrain from gratuitous trolling. Thankyou.

Iran's best-selling newspaper has launched a competition to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust in retaliation for the publication in many European countries of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-02-07T153112Z_01_L07723729_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-RELIGION-CARTOONS-IRAN-HOLOCAUST-COL.XML&archived=False

This is hardly going to help international relations

This comes just one day after the Jerusalem Post (an Israeli newspaper) printed the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Jerusalem Post publishes Muhammad cartoons (you may need to register with the website first)

Coincidence? Probably not.

I await the response of Western liberal media with interest.

This is hardly going to help international relations

Agreed!

This is snowballing out of control.

At the rate this has escalated,we could be on the threshold of a World War by the end of the week.

And I am not taking the mickey,I am serious.

This comes just one day after the Jerusalem Post (an Israeli newspaper) printed the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Why can't the Jews and the Muslims have a similar arrangement the Brits have with the French? Agree to hate each other, shake hands, then everybody's happy. Sorted...... :thumbsup:

Is it just me or don't they realise that Haulocaust cartoons are unlikely to stir-up demonstrations calling for beheadings? It might not have the desired affect if there's a show of tolerance or indifference...

This is snowballing out of control.

And I am not taking the mickey,I am serious.

Can't see Israel nuking Teheran over a few anti-semtic cartoons. Arab press archives must be full of them.