Coleridge Road School

Did you have brother called Ronald?

No my brothers were Ian and Stephen .the Coleman family u refer to were Ronald and Robert who were younger than me im 67

I'm 63 but I have older sisters Marie & Lorraine and had a brother called Billy Smith who has sadly passed away. Maybe you would know one of them. We lived on Clement St.

No my brothers were Ian and Stephen .the Coleman family u refer to were Ronald and Robert who were younger than me im 67

Hi Tony I remember you and if I'm not wrong you lived in the next yard to my cousins the Twiggs, you're a bit older than me I think you are about the same age as my sister Margaret. my name is George Stevens and we lived at the bottom of Jubilee rd. Rough streets we lived on but so many happy memories!!!!

Hi Tony I remember you and if I'm not wrong you lived in the next yard to my cousins the Twiggs, you're a bit older than me I think you are about the same age as my sister Margaret. my name is George Stevens and we lived at the bottom of Jubilee rd. Rough streets we lived on but so many happy memories!!!!

You are right i did live next yard to Bert Barry Bob Twigg .I do remember you we will never see them times again .Everybody was friendly neighbours looked after each other even though money was scarse. i had a great time in Fitzmaurice road and Darnall ,Tinsley park ,High Hazels park Quarry at top of road . I lived next door to my best mate Jimmy Marsden we had some great times Im 67now how old are George

Edited by tonyc47

You are right i did live next yard to Bert Barry Bob Twigg .I do remember you we will never see them times again .Everybody was friendly neighbours looked after each other even though money was scarse. i had a great time in Fitzmaurice road and Darnall ,Tinsley park ,High Hazels park Quarry at top of road . I lived next door to my best mate Jimmy Marsden we had some great times Im 67now how old are George

Hi Tony I'm 63 and I remember Jimmy Marsden very well infact I believe he is related to an old mate of mine from Fitzmaurice Rd Ron Pilkington!!The one of the Twiggs that is the same age as me is Our Pat I still see her but not often.

You're right about the area being friendly and homely even though it was a rough area!!!!

:hihi:I cant beleave what you said Irene , you could not swim as I remember , lol nice to see you still kicking, love , take care , evo

---------- Post added 09-04-2014 at 17:47 ----------

Hi George do you remember being awarded tickets for I year free admission to

Attercliffe swimming baths for being the best swimmer in the school. I was the girl chosen my name was Irene Smith

I love cheered me up seeing your letter, nice to know you are ok , never hear any thing about , any of other girls from our year , look after your self, ok , evo

:hihi:I cant beleave what you said Irene , you could not swim as I remember , lol nice to see you still kicking, love , take care , evo

I love cheered me up seeing your letter, nice to know you are ok , never hear any thing about , any of other girls from our year , look after your self, ok , evo

Dave this is Judd if you are on Facebook search for a site called Darnall and Attercliffe in bygone days, some great pics from our youth. Hope you and Sue are in good health Judd

Dave this is Judd if you are on Facebook search for a site called Darnall and Attercliffe in bygone days, some great pics from our youth. Hope you and Sue are in good health Judd

hi mate yes we good you mi sis ok, I hope. it was nice to see that quote, from Irene, she was a nice lass . keep having a look see what she says to my quote , when I remember lol, :suspect: no im not on facebook , ss keep tabs on there :thumbsup:

I went to Coleridge Road School I turned the lights out when it closed ( kidding ) went on to Park House which wasn't a patch on Coleridge. I know all mentioned and many more as I used to deliver papers down Stovin and March Street.

hi, are you Christine,

Hi Nice to hear from you, hope you are ok. I see Linda Cutts and Janet Willey sometimes (Janet lives in Spain) I have only recently joined The forum and it has brought back so many good memories .

---------- Post added 25-05-2014 at 18:27 ----------

Oh My god of course I remember you!!!! I also remember you lived on Clement street well here's a coincidence, when I got married we bought No 69 Clement street it cost us £ 200 good value I think. I am in contact with a woman that went to Coleridge Rd with you her name is Jackie Clarke ( Rogerson) when I got in contact with her I asked if she rememberd a no of people and you were one that I mentioned, I can't believe that you rememberd me!!!!. If you want to keep in touch my e-mail is [email protected]. I have a photo of you, me Ronnie white and Doreen Casson somewhere i'll try and find it out!!! Good to here from you,

Hi George

I wonder if you could get me a copy of the photograph you mentioned. I did email you but may have entered the wrong address.

Hi I was born on March Street next to Coleridge Road School I have a group on Facebook alot lovely friendly people on it if anyone is on facebook and would like to join it its called Bygone Times & Pictures Of Today Of All Sheffield 9 Area. or this is the link to it, https://www.facebook.com/groups/379237648878161/

Anyone go to Coleridge Road School in the sixties :help:

Didn't go there myself but my cousin, Chris Bowler who lived on March Street did circa: 1957-61. Along with his pal Russell (Bates?) who lived on Greenland Rd. They played for the school football team and the captain was Len Badger.