North Korea .. U.S ready for war ?

Can't we just give NK a few million to shut them up again for a couple more years. It's worked successfully in the past...

My understanding is that NK's Glorious Leader spends it all on Western luxury goods anyway, so we'll get most of it back :)

Buying off people like him doesn't work.,never has. I dont think he's really in charge of what's going on anyway. The ones in charge are the faceless generals who lead the N.K military. If their boy digs himself into a hole he cant get out of they'll get rid of him pretty quickly and replace him with another member of the family.

Be prepared to see Junior suddenly develop some serious illness that forces him to step down

This thread has turned sour.

Inevitable. Harleyman, buck, US. Criticize ANYTHING concerning those 3 factors and you'll get in return.."what do you know you dun't live here" as a pathetic attempt at that no one can have an opinion. But harley will hypocritically make opinion and criticism on a country he's never set foot in. Irony at its limit.

The absolutely stifle debate with their blind ignorance. I for one wont hide from these grunts.

Edited by ronthenekred

Inevitable. Harleyman, buck, US. Criticize ANYTHING concerning those 3 factors and you'll get in return.."what do you know you dun't live here" as a pathetic attempt at that no one can have an opinion. But harley will hypocritically make opinion and criticism on a country he's never set foot in. Irony at its limit.

The absolutely stifle debate with their blind ignorance. I for one wont hide from these grunts.

What I post as an opinion on North Korea is learned from people who make their living delving into facts about that country. They know much more than you or I do.

You on the other hand have no clue about the relationship between Americans and guns other than just to keep pointing out that every American who owns a gun must be some crazy trigger happy hick. That's ignorance boyo pure and simple.

There's a lot in the discussion section about current affairs in Sheffield and Yorkshire. I wouldnt make a fool of myself by getting involved in such discussions because I'm smart enough to know that I'm hopelessly out of date and uninformed on such matters

Good advice for you to follow

What I post as an opinion on North Korea is learned from people who make their living delving into facts about that country.

What people? Do you mean CIA, MI5, FSB, MSS? I'm impressed with your connections. :D

What I post as an opinion on North Korea is learned from people who make their living delving into facts about that country. They know much more than you or I do.

Is that the same sort of people who said that Iraq had WMD, that Iran are making a Nuclear bomb and that Korea have successfully exploded a Nuclear device?

You cant be that clued up otherwise you wouldn't have said this:

"The whole peninsula North Korea included would be like a giant Chernobyl and uninhabitable for the next hundred years."

Edited by Dromedary

Personal attacks, off topic nonsense, bickering and dross and posts quoting it removed.

Discuss the subject like rational adults please.

Originally Posted by Vague_Boy

An EMP weapon exploded in the upper atmosphere (say 200 miles above Kansas) would burn out pretty much all the electrical circuits in the USA thanks to something called the Compton Effect.

All cars made since about 1980 would cease to operate. All jet aircraft in flight over the continental United States would rapidly crash since even the "stick" in a modern plane has no physical connection to anything, it's all electronic.

No computers, no electric light, no heat, no transport. All the necessary circuitry would not only be non-functional but permanently and physically fried.

(Since EMP is "line of sight", we in the UK would not be affected.)

Some military hardware is shielded against EMP but this has been scaled back since the end of the Reagan era.

Of course, there's the "minor" problem of actually getting a device to a point 200 miles above Kansas in the first place. NK doesn't have the capability to do that.

I wouldnt eat KFC shytte. El Pollo Loco or Chick-Fil-A is far better but if KFC is all you gots in Sheffield then enjoy :hihi:

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 18:08 ----------

I dont mind a cheap jibe. I can always post one back. What I hate though is a hypocrite and a liar who has sudden attacks of "amnesia" Keep the off color referals to physical appendages to yourself. I dont fancy your type at all. Mix with your own kind :hihi:

I've got to admit, they certainly know how to eat in the states, from people I know who have been on their hols they always give the restaurants ect a good name, plenty on the plate and good service and true value for money, unlike 90% of the places over here.

One thing to bear in mind... don't underestimate the importance of 'face', and not losing face, in oriental cultures. Anyone who has lived or worked there will know what I'm talking about .

That's a reason for particular concern. Having crawled out on a rather long rhetorical limb, the NK leadership can't crawl back again without a major result in terms of concessions or negotiations to save face - and its NOT happening at the moment.

I think there a good chance of something military happening , if they don't get what they want. It's not just rhetoric

its a new kid on the block in SK and china not just oddjob in NK.

ALL not wanting to lose face

If both sides are not that stupid then the whole question of conflict is academic beyond the odd skirmish.

You've forgot how destructive NK could be before the US set foot on their soil. NK is not Iraq..with a few scuds and a basement full of nerve gas..it's a nuclear power.

Given the US's readiness and it's military clout I would guess its always ready for war..what it isn't ready for is defeat at the most or hundreds of thousands if not millions of body bags at the least..it's been there in one form or other and its people are still reeling from it to this day.

But thats a lie,what about all the weapons of mass destruction they had:P

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 15:54 ----------

LINK

An EMP weapon exploded in the upper atmosphere (say 200 miles above Kansas) would burn out pretty much all the electrical circuits in the USA thanks to something called the Compton Effect.

All cars made since about 1980 would cease to operate. All jet aircraft in flight over the continental United States would rapidly crash since even the "stick" in a modern plane has no physical connection to anything, it's all electronic.

No computers, no electric light, no heat, no transport. All the necessary circuitry would not only be non-functional but permanently and physically fried.

(Since EMP is "line of sight", we in the UK would not be affected.)

Some military hardware is shielded against EMP but this has been scaled back since the end of the Reagan era.

The following U.S. government study may be of interest:

Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack: Critical National Infrastructures [PDF LINK]

You forgot the fallout,which would effect everyone in the world.

But thats a lie,what about all the weapons of mass destruction they had:P

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 15:54 ----------

You forgot the fallout,which would effect everyone in the world.

There wouldn't be much (if any) fall out from an airburst 200 miles up ....

I lived for a short time in mainland China and visited North Korea (this is over 10 years ago).

Very little is written or stated of the NK stocks of chemical and biological weapons. The Chinese I knew, (reasonably well up in the Red Army) knew they had them. They were also convinced that the populace were so brainwashed that they had no concept of even China never mind the west.

I was only there for a week as part of an international communist party delegation. I have to say that it was the most depressing, weird experience of my whole life.