Car Boot Megathread 2013- Please see first post for details

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when is the next Tesco Infirmary road caboot sale? Thanks

x

Hi I'm wanting to know more about the heeley city farm carboot. What time will sells be able to arrive from? And what time will it be on till. Thanks

This drives me crazy, the amount of money they must take, you'd think they could pay a couple of the marshals to carry on directing out of the car park, to stop the free for all that it ends up being!

What really cheeses me off about that one is like you say the amount of money they are taking and they have not botherd to put any propper toilets in. It must be against some sort of helf and safty law, shareing those poterloo toilets between 1000's of people every week - Grimm:gag:

Millmoor Juniors FC Car Boots

Sunday 9th June 2013

Sunday 30th June 2013

Sunday 7th July 2013

Sellers to arrive between 7:30am and 8am. Public enter shortly after 8am.

£5 for a car pitch. £8 for a van pitch.

FREE entry and parking for public.

On site Café and toilet facilities.

Held at: Millmoor Juniors FC, Grange Park, off Droppingwell Road, Kimberworth, Rotherham, S61 2RB

For more information, please contact Joel on 07954 323046 or [email protected]

6.45am and the road upto Thorpe Hesley is solid. Buyers walking up too unaware its a 8 am start.

For anyone thinking of going to Thorpe Hesley car boot, it's a 7am start for sellers, even though this isn't mentioned anywhere that I've seen.

So if you get there at about 7.30am as we did, there's a chance you won't get in (we didn't). But we didn't find that out until after we'd queued up the hill for about 20 minutes. Not impressed by the organisation - it would have been nice for them to send someone down the queue of cars to tell them not to bother waiting!

And while we were waiting we saw some people coming away with purchases, so it doesn't seem as though the 8am start was enforced at all.

I did well there yesterday as a seller, good job we got there early 6.30am, they opened the gates at 7.00am lots of sellers got turned away as full! We were queued up on the central reservation and I don't think the police would have been very happy if they had seen us to be honest. Apparently it used to open earlier but bloke said due to new regs they can't open till 7.00am :)

Luckily I saw the above post earlier on in the forum so went to Thorpe Hesley for 6.45. Queued for 45 mins in total and the field was three quarters full then.

I don't like to queue to sell at a boot and would have been annoyed if I hadn't got on. It was really busy. I have got there just after seven before and got refused entry. Hope it didn't spoil your day too much Trashybook.

For anyone thinking of going to Thorpe Hesley car boot, it's a 7am start for sellers, even though this isn't mentioned anywhere that I've seen.

So if you get there at about 7.30am as we did, there's a chance you won't get in (we didn't). But we didn't find that out until after we'd queued up the hill for about 20 minutes. Not impressed by the organisation - it would have been nice for them to send someone down the queue of cars to tell them not to bother waiting!

And while we were waiting we saw some people coming away with purchases, so it doesn't seem as though the 8am start was enforced at all.

Sorry to hear this TrashyBook. Did you manage to find another Carboot or did you give up and go home?

The organisation at Thorpe Hesley does leave a lot to be desired. If it was my carboot, I'd have staff organising the chaos of the waiting vehicles well before it's time to move them onto the field. There's going to be a bad accident soon, with a car that's not waiting to get it and somebody that is and has got out of their car.

I was parked at the lights opp the Ind. Est and the parking / waiting on the road was ridiculous, as was the non-booter vehicles trying to get past and going on the wrong side of the road.

Seems they're happy with taking the money, but not bothered in looking after peoples safety.

Thorpe Hesley was the worst I had ever seen it today I walked because I only live down the road. They are going to have more organisation or it will end up being stopped at one point cars couldn't get on or off the motorway.

Sorry to hear this TrashyBook. Did you manage to find another Carboot or did you give up and go home?

Hope it didn't spoil your day too much Trashybook.

We went home to try to find another one online - but were already too late for many of the ones we would have tried normally. So we ended up at Ripon Racecourse, which had a 12pm sellers/1pm buyers start (which was enforced).

It was a bit further to go than we intended, but it was a glorious day, so a nice drive up there, and a good turn out. And I couldn't have faced lugging it all home only to go through the entire rigmarole another day!

We got rid of about two thirds, and the remainder is going to the local animal rescue charity shop:

http://barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk/

So it was a good day in the end, even though it didn't start as planned!

Edited by TrashyBook
update

does anyone know of any good carboots that do not require you to get up at the crack of dawn??

we usually go to twin oaks but the buying isnt very good seen as the dealers pick it over for 2 hours before you get in

Thorpe Hesley was the worst I had ever seen it today I walked because I only live down the road. They are going to have more organisation or it will end up being stopped at one point cars couldn't get on or off the motorway.

Said the same thing the other week,yes it does need more organisation,but the way some people park:loopy: