Car Boot Megathread 2013- Please see first post for details

Thorpe Hesley dates (as taken from the big sign on the gate into the club this morning)

May 19

June 2

June 16

July 7

Aug 4

Sept 1

Sept 22

Cheers

Jim

Thorpe Hesley dates!!!!

I've been to the cricket ground this morning. There is a BIG sign on the gate into the ground, that says Thorpe Hesley Cricket Club Car Boot dates 2013!!!!

I've even got a photo of it if needed!!!

May 19th!

Jim:hihi:

Hi, does anyone know of any car boots today other than tesco or oldcotes. Thanks

Hi table top and market free entry over 30 plus stalls sun may 12th 12noon to 4pm at the tennants hall

gresley road

lowedges

s8 7hh

free entry - free parking loads of bargains,sorry all stalls fully booked

Recommending chesterfield Twin Oaks to anyone thinking of carboot sales in the future.I went today to sell and it was fantastic the crowds of buyers are massive and there's plenty of sellers.I didn't get chance to get all the way around myself. Fantastic day out and great weather for a car boot

Very disappointed with the Transport Carboot this morning. It said buyers 7.00am please, so I arrived at 6.40am expecting to queue, only to see that there was already a big crowd shopping amongst the sellers.

Paid the £1 entry fee, had a look around and then had to wait to get out as the solitary in-road was full of cars trying to get in. Totally un-organised and very disappointed as did a 25 mile round trip to check it out.

Recommending chesterfield Twin Oaks to anyone thinking of carboot sales in the future.I went today to sell and it was fantastic the crowds of buyers are massive and there's plenty of sellers.I didn't get chance to get all the way around myself. Fantastic day out and great weather for a car boot

I went there today as a buyer, the number of buyers was manic, prob part to do with it being bank hol and good weather but yeah I'm going to go back to sell

Very disappointed with the Transport Carboot this morning. It said buyers 7.00am please, so I arrived at 6.40am expecting to queue, only to see that there was already a big crowd shopping amongst the sellers.

Paid the £1 entry fee, had a look around and then had to wait to get out as the solitary in-road was full of cars trying to get in. Totally un-organised and very disappointed as did a 25 mile round trip to check it out.

There is no entry fee,it's £1 to park.Why pay,there's loads of places to park on the road for free.I parked easily at 7.30.

There is no entry fee,it's £1 to park.Why pay,there's loads of places to park on the road for free.I parked easily at 7.30.

Sorry you're right, it was a £1 to park and not for entry. Never thought of parking on the street, as was too tired from waking up at 'silly o'clock' every day over the Bank Hols.

I went there today as a buyer, the number of buyers was manic, prob part to do with it being bank hol and good weather but yeah I'm going to go back to sell

Most definitely agreed.Its quite expensive to sell it was £10 for a spot and £1 entry. Luckily we got swamped before we could even unload the car and made it back in the first few minutes. :)

Correct it is £1 to park.

The single access road caused no major problems, a small number did arrive before 7 but its impossible to put people around the walls stopping people wishing to jump the wall to buy.

What did cause problems is 2 parked cars left on the site, overnight, blocking access to/from the site, but even that was not major and they eventually moved.

Thank you to the stall holders (approx 90) and buyers

Missed the Transport one yesterday, does anyone know when their next one will be?

August Bank Holiday Monday 26th for the next one at Sheffield Transport Club, Meadowhead.