Car Boot Megathread 2013- Please see first post for details

What really cheeses me off about that one is like you say the amount of money they are taking and they have not botherd to put any propper toilets in. It must be against some sort of helf and safty law, shareing those poterloo toilets between 1000's of people every week - Grimm:gag:

:hihi: when we get the, my 6 year old usually pipes up "I need a wee!" And I want to cry :hihi:

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 23:22 ----------

Thorpe Hesley was the worst I had ever seen it today I walked because I only live down the road. They are going to have more organisation or it will end up being stopped at one point cars couldn't get on or off the motorway.

It was insane - we were going to go and my brother was planning on standing, but he got fed up sitting in the queue (before 7!) so went on to oldcotes where we went instead too, drove past t.h and the parking was shocking! A van reversed down the centre of the road in front of us! :o

I'm glad it turned out okay in the end Trashybook. Although I got in and had a good day I do feel things need organising better. I saw lots of cars driving up on the wrong side of the road because booters had blocked the road while queueing. Maybe they should take bookings beforehand then people wouldn't bother dropping by on the day to get in. I think that's the reason it gets so busy and to be honest I never book. Did anyone do Loxley? I might do that one next time?

Hi all

Can anyone please tell me when is the next Tesco Infirmary road caboot sale? Thanks! x

Aly

The traffic situation at Thorpe Hesley is getting almost as bad as at Oldcotes, and that's saying something.

Hi everyone, just to say thank you to all the car booters and buyers who supported our charity car boot sale at Loxley Recreation Ground on Sunday 2nd June.

The next one is on 30th June, sellers at 7am and buyers at 8am or earlier if most of the cars are in, sorry the time was missing on website I will ask the person who does it to make sure its on both our sites, thanks for letting me know.

I hope the info is on first page of this megathread I will look and check.

does anyone know of any good carboots that do not require you to get up at the crack of dawn??

we usually go to twin oaks but the buying isnt very good seen as the dealers pick it over for 2 hours before you get in

Anybody can go in early at Twin Oaks

It's £5 for the early pass or £1 at12.30

It's that massive, that there should be plenty of bargains.

I have been looking to see if there is a car boot at Bowshaw this Sunday.

The front page says dates TBC, and the number given says "the number you have dialled has not been recognised" when you ring it.

Can anyone confirm either way ?

Thanks

I spoke to the woman who runs bowshaw on Monday and she said its on this Sunday and I starts around 6-6.30

Anybody can go in early at Twin Oaks

It's £5 for the early pass or £1 at12.30

It's that massive, that there should be plenty of bargains.

What a rip off no thanks I'll leave it to the rich booters!

Thanks Boglin

next car boot sale at Tesco Infirmary Road

16th June

remember hard standing

cars £6.50

vans £8.00

next car boot sale at Tesco Infirmary Road

16th June

remember hard standing

cars £6.50

vans £8.00

How come you have put the prices up?