Car Boot Megathread 2013- Please see first post for details

Guyz i have been running car boot sales for 15 years now.

i heard that a guy got killed in one last week in devon :(

anyone know anything about this

Will the Bakewell car boot always be at Rowsley now or is it coming back to the showground at some point?

It's at Rowsley this week (28th April) and next week,then back to the showground.It's a really nice venue though and a good snack wagon.

Guyz i have been running car boot sales for 15 years now.

a little tip is to list the stuff that dont sell on local classifieds ads sites like

1BAY.co.uk

a good way to get rid of your stuff that just wont sell :)

also there is a lot of dodgy £20 pound notes going around.

the queens head is blury and the silver strip is not weaved the same.

very noticable if you look properly. JUST KEEP AN EYE OUT GUYZ

and happy selling

It's at Rowsley this week (28th April) and next week,then back to the showground.It's a really nice venue though and a good snack wagon.

Thank you for info.

has there been many cars at marsh lane, as i've heard its been quite only a couple of rows.

Yes last Sunday there was 4 long rows one of which was double backed

It was also quite busy

It was a decent carboot hope there is a few more to come

NORTON OAKES CRICKET CLUB CAR BOOT

Sunday 19th May

Takes place in the car park of the cricket club.

Open to sellers from 7.30am - £5 per vehicle

Free entry for buyers from 7.45am

No need for sellers to book.

Any queries please contact 07771727652

Norton Oakes CC

Hemsworth Road

Norton

S8

http://www.nortonoakes.com

Car Boot Sales at Loxley - I have had numerous enquiries but we are not sure if we can get the volunteers needed to help with setting up/putting away this year. It is our AGM tomorrow night when a decision will be made, so sorry for the delay but AGM had to be postponed due to illness.

Out of interest do people think there would be any interest for a car boot on Saturdays???[/B]

Car Boot Sales at Loxley - I have had numerous enquiries but we are not sure if we can get the volunteers needed to help with setting up/putting away this year. It is our AGM tomorrow night when a decision will be made, so sorry for the delay but AGM had to be postponed due to illness.

Out of interest do people think there would be any interest for a car boot on Saturdays???[/B]

OH please please have your car boots, Saturday or Sunday, people will attend. Yours are one of the best in Sheffield and it would be very disappointing if you don't run them this year.

OH please please have your car boots, Saturday or Sunday, people will attend. Yours are one of the best in Sheffield and it would be very disappointing if you don't run them this year.

Fully agree with the above!! Be nice to have a local Carboot on a Saturday, instead of having to trek all the way to Notts.

Saturdays would be a great idea! Seems to be too many to choose from of a Sunday when the boot seasons in full swing, but few regular Saturday boots. Only one I have been to is the one at Twin Oaks that seems to be run by Dick Turpin and friends! To get anything decent you have to pay £5 to get in before 12.30. Only done it the once and it was stallholders and staff on site that were running round snapping up the bargains, the rest of the masses were herded behind barriers charged £1 by which time its mostly rubbish left. So big "yes please!" to Loxley and even bigger "yes please!" to Saturdays.

Re: Loxley

Think you'd be onto a winner on a Saturday.

Exactly the reasons that Floppychops has posted.

Why trail to junction29 and pay £8/£10 to stand when you could go to lovely Loxley!