Straight Mile fishery.

I was told yesterday that the Straight mile is closed.

The info came from a trusted friend of mine but his information was second hand from an acquaintance of his.

According to what he knew was that the fishery is up for sale, we both agreed if it was for sale the owner would have a better chance if it being sold if it was a going concern.

So can anyone confirm this or is it bunkum.

i heard that someone else had bought it and changed the rules but this again is second hand info so not reliable.

its up for sale so get yer money out lol make loads of money make it bigger

chance would be a fine thing, anyone wanna lend me the money hahaha would love to own my own fishery!!

My buddies information again "second hand" is that the asking price is £45 thousand.

He also was told the main reason for the sale was that the owner has been disillusioned by not being allowed planning to build on the land.

Don't take this as gospel it's only as I was told & as we all know things get twisted or bits get added on.

I don't know how it would be possible to make it bigger as the strips are already to the boundary, the only spare land is from the small car park to the breeding pond up that side behind the caravan.

No its isn't closed neither has it been taken over by anyone else at the moment.

The rules have been changed slightly by from last season being able to use pellet.

It is up for sale but how much i don't know.

Thanks bentondeep for putting us right, I couldn't see it being closed if up for sale.

Chinese whispers don't you just love em.

its not closed but up for sale we had a match on there the other week and we got another coming up which we was talking about cancelling because the fishing up there is crap the weights what are coming out are all under 20lb iv heard there have lost a lot of fish but don't know how true it is

Jay T,are you sure the carp wasn't spawning? I fish straight mile nearly every week. Agreed a match is different but 100+ nets arnt a surprise. If the carp arnt showing your best going for the silvers. easily get a 40lb bag in 5 hour.

Jay T,are you sure the carp wasn't spawning? I fish straight mile nearly every week. Agreed a match is different but 100+ nets arnt a surprise. If the carp arnt showing your best going for the silvers. easily get a 40lb bag in 5 hour.

Good to hear mate, it's a venue that was a favourite of mine but I stopped fishing there 5yrs ago as the Carp were far too big for me to manage.

Bought some fish and chips from this place on Tuesday, the chips was perfect but they only had haddock and no cod, also the batter was quite soggy.

6/10

Bought some fish and chips from this place on Tuesday, the chips was perfect but they only had haddock and no cod, also the batter was quite soggy.

6/10

Top random comment of the year so far.