Ants !! Pest control ?

For a while now we have had ants but disappeared for a bit when we used powder but I can no longer use powder due to having toddler twins and a dog!! I need pest control to come and possibly sort this for me..

Anyone recommend a good pest control?

Also how much would it be ?

Ants are often found in kitchens as they are looking for food, so if you take off a plinth from a cupboard and put some powder under the units the ants can get to it but your twins and dog can't

This worked for us and has worked for a few others I have recommended it to since; Bait Station

A friend of mine puts baby powder down, apparently it works a treat

We popped a couple of those ant bait traps in a secluded corner of the kitchen, these worked fine for us, just be sure there out of sight and curious fingers!

agree had similar problem bought a couple of ant baits from wilkinsons i think it was and put them where they had been getting in

have had no problems for the last year, try this first as will cost a fortune for pest control and also ants do not do any harm to humans, not like flies, rats or mice

The ants we have are the pharoah ants which are dangerous as they pass on bad germs and I can't be having this with toddlers around! Also I tried the bait stations they didn't work at all :( thanks for the replies xx

can anybody suggest anything for cats please

My old mum used to pour a kettle of boiling water on the ants nest in the yard - used to give me the horrors.