YOUR favourite things about Sheffield

The best thing about Sheffield is its greenery; we're blessed with so many parks, woods and tree's that seem to line most of the roads.

As someone who was born in Leeds and now lives half way between the two cities I can tell you that Sheffield beats Leeds to fits. More interesting city centre, all Leeds has are three over the top pretentious arcades and the rest of it is boring and bland. The people are friendlier, Midland station is a great introduction to the city with water fountains and attractive features. The Peace gardens are a great place to relax,while theres nothing in Millenium Square. The area opposite Midland station is a nice little arts area, the Showroom cinema etc. I've yet to find an equivalent to Ecclesall road in Leeds. The only reason I would have visited Leeds would be Borders bookshop and now that's gone. Real Ale, the route around Kelham Island. The Supertram. EIS. Ice Sheffield. It's safer. Less racist.

Plenty more reasons I'm sure

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 06:33 ----------

Now if we were talking Manchester......

Supertram is my favourite! Clean, cheap and quiet and frees up the car traffic immensely.

I hear people bitching about traffic in Sheffield... They've obviously never lived in the South East!

The area around the station is so attractive now, too.

Supertram is my favourite! Clean, cheap and quiet and frees up the car traffic immensely.

I hear people bitching about traffic in Sheffield... They've obviously never lived in the South East!

The area around the station is so attractive now, too.

And mine, that's we chose to live near the route. Our car is rarely used nowadays.

I also love the Winter Gardens and Peace Gardens. I think those who complain most about Sheffield have probably not lived elsewhere.

The best thing about Sheffield is its greenery; we're blessed with so many parks, woods and tree's that seem to line most of the roads.

This. Even many of our poorest areas have a bit of greenery. I've worked in some hideously grey cities where there was little to distract from the tarmac and brick.

Meadowhall. :love::banana::clap:

Castle Market

The M1, or any other road leading out of Sheffield.

The best thing for me about Sheffield is living in a safe and vibrant city while being able to get to the countryside in minutes. I feel people who don't appreciate living in Sheffield should go and try another city for a month or two. Bet they would soon come home roaring.

The Peace Gardens, Winter Gardens, Millennium Galleries, Tudor Square, Sheffield Theatres, The area in front of the station and Howard street, plus much more.

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 10:33 ----------

You know where they are?

Me too - if it weren't for the fact my mates live here and I can't afford to move, I'd be out of Sheffield like a shot...because the nightlife is mostly chavs, bouncers who turf out perfectly sober people for no good reason and then lie to other bouncers so you get refused entry/turfed out of other places as well, and 40-something slags who throw up in the middle of the street at half 1 in the morning.

Oh yeah, and don't get me STARTED on the damn accent and people who think it's great to live here...