YOUR favourite things about Sheffield

The M1 south out of the place

I would have thought, you would have taken M1 north toward Anchorage.

Edited by bazjea

The fantastic countryside would be top of my list.

There's loads of nice walks over the hills and in woods dotted around the city. The walk up to Forge Dam is nice, although the dam itself could do with some money spending on it.

Secondly the area in front of the station heading up past Sheffield Hallam. I think the Council have made a very good job of this area and it gives a good first impression of our city.

Regards

Doom

Me too - if it weren't for the fact my mates live here and I can't afford to move, I'd be out of Sheffield like a shot...because the nightlife is mostly chavs, bouncers who turf out perfectly sober people for no good reason and then lie to other bouncers so you get refused entry/turfed out of other places as well, and 40-something slags who throw up in the middle of the street at half 1 in the morning.

Oh yeah, and don't get me STARTED on the damn accent and people who think it's great to live here...

You've got mates? with an attitude like yours I suggest you save like mad & sod off, Sheffield doesn't want, nor need your kind. I bet you speak with a poncy Southern accent or some stupid Emmerdale type Leeds accent.

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 15:11 ----------

On a nicer note Sheffield is surrounded by gorgeous countryside, and the Peak District & such, okay it's not perfect but its home for me & my marvelous family some areas could do with a spruce up, but we're getting there.

Castle Market

I thought you had gone,nice to see you back cuttsie.

I thought you had gone,nice to see you back cuttsie.

Cheers ghost rider ,[i will keep off the footi section as I seem to grow horns when among those lads and lasses].

The fantastic countryside would be top of my list.

There's loads of nice walks over the hills and in woods dotted around the city. The walk up to Forge Dam is nice, although the dam itself could do with some money spending on it.

Secondly the area in front of the station heading up past Sheffield Hallam. I think the Council have made a very good job of this area and it gives a good first impression of our city.

Regards

Doom

When I have visitors, I always proudly point out the world's largest urinal :D

Don't forget the Showroom ,one of the best independent cinemas in the country.

Cheers ghost rider ,[i will keep off the footi section as I seem to grow horns when among those lads and lasses].

I keep well away from the football section as well but the owls are still the best thing about sheffield and also being next to my weekend playground ,The Peak District.:)