YOUR favourite things about Sheffield

Me too - if it weren't for the fact my mates live here and I can't afford to move, I'd be out of Sheffield like a shot...because the nightlife is mostly chavs, bouncers who turf out perfectly sober people for no good reason and then lie to other bouncers so you get refused entry/turfed out of other places as well, and 40-something slags who throw up in the middle of the street at half 1 in the morning.

Oh yeah, and don't get me STARTED on the damn accent and people who think it's great to live here...

What is wrong with having a regional accent.

Me too - if it weren't for the fact my mates live here and I can't afford to move, I'd be out of Sheffield like a shot...because the nightlife is mostly chavs, bouncers who turf out perfectly sober people for no good reason and then lie to other bouncers so you get refused entry/turfed out of other places as well, and 40-something slags who throw up in the middle of the street at half 1 in the morning.

Oh yeah, and don't get me STARTED on the damn accent and people who think it's great to live here...

And thats different to any other city in the UK how?

and thats different to any other city in the uk how?

thats all sheffield has!

So I suppose my question is what do YOU prefer about Sheffield?

Some of those places allready mentioned,such as the Peace gardens,Winter gardens and theatres, as well as many of the approx 200 parks and the countryside.

Plus several of these 98 attractions, a few of which i've yet to visit.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186364-Activities-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.htmlS

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 16:19 ----------

Some Sheffielder's only think about what we havn't got,and don't appreciate what we have in my opinion.

Hi all, a recent debate managed to surface in college the other day with a group having a go at me as aparently Leeds is a better place than Sheffield. They all felt it was important to tell me why and insisted on lising various reasons why.

So I suppose my question is what do YOU prefer about Sheffield?

For me its that banter you can strike up and the green space, along with the night life!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

sheffield wednesday!!!

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 21:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryder8904

The M1, or any other road leading out of Sheffield.

go back to where ever your from then no one is stopping you and as for the accent its better than any where south of here!

The best thing for me about Sheffield is living in a safe and vibrant city while being able to get to the countryside in minutes. I feel people who don't appreciate living in Sheffield should go and try another city for a month or two. Bet they would soon come home roaring.

There's nothing safe about living in Sheffield .

It's like any other city...full of drug users and those intent on antisocial behaviour.

The only thing Sheffield has in it's favour is easy access to the countryside.

My nearest city is Cardiff, and there is little difference.

As for the comment about returning home roaring.....no way would I move back.

Then again....I moved to the countryside, something I should have done years ago.

There seems to be a huge age divide here. OP perhaps needs to be more specific in his/her question. Opinions are obviously going to differ greatly depending on whether the emphasis is on education, where you are living now, your age group, whether you're Sheffiled born and bred, etc etc. Personally, I always felt that i couldn't settle in Sheffield - until I found the right place to live, for me. Now i can appreciate all sheffield has to offer and consider it my home. It took 12 years - so if you're a transient student - it's too early for you to make a judgement. Wherever you live takes some hard work and understanding and appreciation to make it work for you. I would think that's the same wherever you live - Leeds or Sheffield. There is no ;better or worse' - It's where you make your home - and that takes some time and effort.

The nightlife is amazing here :loopy:

You can spend much of the day sitting in a public place and just relax and soak up the place while the world goes by. Try doing that in Leeds centre, its awful. Leeds has no soul.

sheffield wednesday!!!

AND Sheffield United, that is having a team to love and one you don't like very much. Plus (as the song goes) "we all hate leeds SCUM..."

The M1 south out of the place

I presume you're talking about the city centre. Life isn't just about nightlife, and going out drinking. Go out in the daytime, and get out of the centre, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Where are you from originally? and what 'damn accent' is it that you don't like?