Drove to Edinburgh yesterday- anyone else blocked by snow?

Got congested on the A1 so took a diversion on the A66 West, which was dodgy and as yet no radio traffic reports.

It was blocked by Police at Brough, so we turned around and tried to reach Darlington via the back roads and A167 to get back to the A1- very risky (and each road shut!).

Finally, we reached the A1 and - as it was clear up North we reached Edinburgh.

On the return journey (A1 all the way south) it was q.clear until we got to the M1 at leeds!

I'm glad I didn't stay over until today!

My sister lives on the moors between Halifax and Bradford and they've got snow deep enough to completely hide the furniture in the garden today. In places it's almost as deep as my 6 year old nephew. Not surprising to say that nobody is able to get their car out there today.

Why do people travel in these conditions? :huh:

To start threads on the forum

To start threads on the forum

No, stupid, to share stories about people either blocked in, or those who have to continue working? I expected idiots to post also, though.

My sister lives on the moors between Halifax and Bradford and they've got snow deep enough to completely hide the furniture in the garden today. In places it's almost as deep as my 6 year old nephew. Not surprising to say that nobody is able to get their car out there today.

Yes it was /is really bad out there, we almost got caught out by the weather ourselves!

Edited by aelfheah

Because if you know what you are doing it's not problematic. How do you think places in the Alps cope with winter? They just get on with it.

there are some on here would claim they could drive in it - its the rest of the world that dont know how to drive properly.

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 14:27 ----------

Because if you know what you are doing it's not problematic.

what did I say?

I'm not sure. What did you say?

Oh dear :rolleyes:

No, stupid, to share stories about people either blocked in, or those who have to continue working? I expected idiots to post also, though.

Ordinarily listening to people talk about going to work isn't that interesting but I suppose it's credible that with snow on the ground it might become so, let's see what happens :D

I'm not sure. What did you say?

some idiot would say it`s not the snow that`s the problem but driver ability, glad you didn`t disappoint.

some idiot would say it`s not the snow that`s the problem but driver ability, glad you didn`t disappoint.

Just because you have the inability to cope with a little bit of frozen water doens't make the rest of us idiots chuck. It's not down to just driver ability though - experience and properly equipping your vehicle has a deal to do with it as well.