Drove to Edinburgh yesterday- anyone else blocked by snow?

Why do people travel in these conditions? :huh:

Sometimes there's no choice. I'm in the Cotswolds at the moment, was meant to be heading back to Sheffield today but decided to stay over another night due to the weather, but tomorrow I'll have to go home snow or no snow. My 90 year-old Dad is in the NGH with a fractured spine and I really can't stay away any longer.

Just because you have the inability to cope with a little bit of frozen water doens't make the rest of us idiots chuck.

have you seen me drive? no, so put down the brave pills and do one.

It's not down to just driver ability though - experience and properly equipping your vehicle has a deal to do with it as well.

I know that, I say that every time some idiot says "its all down to knowing how to drive in snow" nice to see you back tracking from your earlier comment

have you seen me drive? no, so put down the brave pills and do one.

I wasn't aware you were old enough to drive, you certainly don't come across with the level of maturity I'd want from someone driving a bicycle let alone a car.

I know that, I say that every time some idiot says "its all down to knowing how to drive in snow" nice to see you back tracking from your earlier comment

I've backtracked from nothing chuck - the only person flailing and backtracking here is you. now run along poppet there's a good thing.

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 17:35 ----------

Sometimes there's no choice. I'm in the Cotswolds at the moment, was meant to be heading back to Sheffield today but decided to stay over another night due to the weather, but tomorrow I'll have to go home snow or no snow. My 90 year-old Dad is in the NGH with a fractured spine and I really can't stay away any longer.

That's what some people don't realise - somethings people have to drive, sometimes people don't really have to but it's probably the lesser of two evils to drive.

Then you get people who drive because it serves an end - like me I'm driving in this because winter climbing and walking is my hobby and there are no buses. If I get stuck I get stuck - but I've enough in the back of the car to survive for a month quite happily if it ever came to it.

Hope you make it back without incident, and hope more importantly your father gets well soon.

I wasn't aware you were old enough to drive, you certainly don't come across with the level of maturity I'd want from someone driving a bicycle let alone a car.

insult

I've backtracked from nothing chuck - the only person flailing and backtracking here is you. now run along poppet there's a good thing.

insult

says more about you than it does about me - start of the thread you say "all you need to know is how to drive in the conditions"

now you say its all about the vehicle.

insult

Yes. Your first comment calling me an idiot was an insult but I wouldnt expect anything else from you.

says more about you than it does about me - start of the thread you say "all you need to know is how to drive in the conditions"

Actually I didn't would you care to show where I said that?

For the record I never said it was purely driving ability. I said it's knowing what you are doing - that includes equipping your vehicle correctly, having the experience and maturity to deal with, and making rational decisions about risk.

Yes. Your first comment calling me an idiot was an insult but I wouldnt expect anything else from you.

Actually I didn't would you care to show where I said that?

For the record I never said it was purely driving ability. I said it's knowing what you are doing - that includes equipping your vehicle correctly, having the experience and maturity to deal with, and making rational decisions about risk.

Well that explains why the roads are so empty. These qualities are not in abundance.

Lol, thanks for the genuine repliers!

Shame there are such bitter and stupid morons who seek to denigrate and be sour about posts here, probably unrelated to their experience and comfort zone.

Take care in the weather, everyone.

Shame there are such bitter and stupid morons who seek to denigrate and be sour about posts here, probably unrelated to their experience and comfort zone.

You too aelfheah :thumbsup:

And to you too, although from what I see most of the main routes are now reasonably OK.

Thank you athough I'm hoping to avoid driving until it's cleared. I'm very confident in these conditions but my faith in others is way down there.