8 week old Kitten on adult food??

Ho i bought my baby kitten from chapeltown pet shop yesterday and the lady told me that shes on adult whiskas which didnt seem right to me? She said that kitten food was too rich but i thought it was the other way round so iv put her back on to kitten, do you think i was right to do this. Also just wonderin about how often to feed her iv been leavin dry down and then dividing 1-2 pouches up through out the day into small servings.

Any help appreciated :-)

Kitten food is obviously better for her :)

I used to feed my kitten 4-6 times a day, little and often is better than a couple of huge meals. Keep leaving the dry food down for her aswell as plenty of water. :hihi:

unless she's got an upset tum i'd stick with the kitten food. mostly it says on kitten food that its suitable for up to a year old. think kitten food is more rich - needs more energy in it cos they're growing. what you're doing with amounts and leaving dried food down sounds about right to me. she'll probably tell you if she's not happy with it.

Her tummy seems to have coped fine with puttin her back onto kitten so guna stick 2 that. Thankyou for your advice both of you :)

Kittens from pet shops are not usually routinely wormed by the shop owner & as kittens are born infected with worms from their mother, the beastie will need worming sooner rather than later. Buy a good quality wormer suitable for the age of your kitten. I would suggest a visit to your vet for an overall health check would be a good idea so they can give the kitten the once over & verify it's age/sex etc. They can also answer any other questions you may have about your new kitten including dietary advice & when to get the kitten it's inoculations & spaying/neutering advice.

Kittens need to be fed kitten food served in small portions several times throughout the day (they only have little tummies!). Personally, I prefer a quality brand of dry kitten food ie Hills, Iams or Eukanuba rather than meaty brands like Whiskas kitten food which kittens tend to pig out on & it can give them an upset tummy. Dont be tempted to give your kitten milk to drink. Milk will give it the squits! Just water will be fine.

Oh...and before anyone else says it....please keep your new kitty cat indoors until she has been spayed. They can come into season really early & do not give up until they are pregnant. Ohh...and good luck. The curtains will never be the same :hihi: