Sheffield football forum members meet 05/04 8pm

Gutted i missed last night,[cut a long story short i spent most of the evening at hospital with my grandaughter, she is ok now though] really glad you all had a good time and hope the next one wont be too far off.

Gazza, found out last night your from my neck of the woods, I,m sure I will know you personally, to everyone else,even the scary bloke at the end, get thi sens out, it was a good laugh.

Where's Monza gone? He posted when he got home so I know he made it home but not been on since.........

You alright N?

Sometimes you just have too much time on your hands CB :hihi:

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 11:20 ----------

I swear I didn't say I felt old Monza - I just don't look in the mirror! Go with the age in your head!

Nervy, however, can't believe how young you look - at least 10 years younger than you are- guess we should be jealous! Lovely girlfriend too :)

Was really good to put faces - was excellent to see Frankie there- let him back on - you know we all miss him :) It was also very sporting of Robbie to come - as a mod he must've known he was in for a bit of a grilling and some ribbing re. bans.

What I found disappointing to learn is that people don't get bans unless someone complains to the mods. Now that is sad.

To those who complain - give over - all of you - or at least think twice before you moan to mods.

I have rarely seen anything that I think should get someone a ban. Don't rise to the bait/stick 'em in ignore/answer back with a reasonable post if they are being ridiculous. There are many options before complaining to get someone a ban. We are not schoolkids (even though some of us still wish we were occasionally - that's me included there) let's keep everyone posting even if we don't agree with them.

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 11:23 ----------

Nice post Bypass, only sorry that others who wanted to come couldn't make it - hope all okay Gazza?

S2 where were you?

Longy67 - You okay?

Eastbank - did you have to work after all?

Maybe next time eh?

sorry i missed it....was on the road all day.....totally done in....plus i had to work satdy....hate drinking pop...

Fair enough Easty - we are having another tho - maybe you'll be able to make that one.

Fair enough Easty - we are having another tho - maybe you'll be able to make that one.

hope so...watch easty grace hillsborough with his silky skills on 13th may...charity football...

How many Frank Sidebottom's does it take to change a light bulb?

Usually 1. But that's still less than the number of Frank's it takes to make a Sheffield Football forum meet.

I have to say I was somewhat taken aback when I met 'myself'. It made me wonder if I was in fact the real Frank. Maybe there is an army of Franks polluting forums up and down the land.

And in all fairness he's either very brave or very mad. Turning up to the Sheffield Forum football meet claiming to be me is like attending a Black Panther Party pretending to be Big Ron.

Anyhow, I can reveal that Frank 2 is in fact:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=79657

who has just posted on this thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1004936&page=5

Turned out to be a nice interesting fella in all fairness.

But big love to all the regulars who were there :love:

Nice to shake hands with people I've conversed with so often - Web1 and Nervy, and even mortal enemies such as Monzaman :thumbsup:. I've met Robbie many years before on an original football forum night, but didn't get chance to speak to him much them. I spoke to him quite a lot on Friday - top fella. Potlegs was just as lovely as we all imagine her. And Bypass - exactly how I imagined him - what a star.

Genuinely a lovely bunch of people, so glad I came along, thanks for the invite Pete. :thumbsup:

Welcome back Frankie, dont know how i do it !!

The "save Dave Jones " campaign then the "bring back frankie, BB and alex" campaign :)

Lets hope in the name of fairness, other long term bans are lifted for BB and Alex !! be it they have served a longer term.

If the campaign does not work, i will bring them down the next social :) seems to work a treat that does.

The "save Dave Jones " campaign then the "bring back frankie, BB and alex" campaign :)

Lets hope in the name of fairness, other long term bans are lifted for BB and Alex !! be it they have served a longer term.

If the campaign does not work, i will bring them down the next social :) seems to work a treat that does.

Hope you're good at holding your breath matey...

Edited by rossyrooney

[/b][/i][/u]

Hope you're good at holding your breath matey...

LOL !! ONE LIVES IN HOPE. " one out all out" :)

Agree with you about Alex but not BB he was just a WUM who could give but not take.

No great loss!

He knew his football though ... after all,that's what the sections about.

Agree with you about Alex but not BB he was just a WUM who could give but not take.

No great loss!

Again in fairness it does not matter who it is Mr Benn included. its about fairness, to many mardy report button pressers, to many bans.

Lets not talk so much individuals, but fairness and equality.

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 13:20 ----------

He knew his football though ... after all,that's what the sections about.

Football as a topic seems to get lost on so many occasions on the board, we are also short of genuine attendees , proper supporters with first hand knowledge and for that reason alone they should be welcomed back in to the fold.

Anyway subject to availability, i look forward to the next forum meet, any excuse for a pint :)

Edited by TAT