Gas building regulations advice

When I got my kitchen refitted i got the oven relocated, so the pipe off the mains in the kitchen was relocated by a gas safe engineer and signed off by him.

Now when I am selling my house they are asking for a building regs cert for the work - is this right should I have been issued one?

As far as I am aware, all you need is a safety inspection on all gas appliances and an electrical inspection and certs for each.

Gas safe certificate is fine, just have a gas safety inspection carried out cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

Note: Building Regualtions Consent (under the Building Act 1984) is quite different from a Gas Safe Certificate.

Note: Building Regualtions Consent (under the Building Act 1984) is quite different from a Gas Safe Certificate.

I understood that Gas Safe engineers could self certificate without involving Building Control ??

When I got my kitchen refitted i got the oven relocated, so the pipe off the mains in the kitchen was relocated by a gas safe engineer and signed off by him.

Now when I am selling my house they are asking for a building regs cert for the work - is this right should I have been issued one?

There has been a requirement for registered gas installers to self notify their work for quite some time now. It costs a few quid and can be done through Gas Safe.

As I understand it, the requirements regarding notification are that any heat producing appliance should be notified. And on this basis I have registered ANY gas appliance that either myself or our employees have installed, be it a boiler, a cooker, or a gas fire etc.

My opinion is that it is better to offer a more professional service, and for the sake of 2 minutes form filling and a couple of quid, it avoids situations like this.