Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

Who was the Maths teacher who drove the little yellow sports car made of fibreglass? (Mid to late 70s.)

Percy Claxton

I was there '67 to '72.

i started at ecco in '71 when i moved here from the north east and left in '75.

i started at ecco in '71 when i moved here from the north east and left in '75.

Hi mate.Are you a Geordie or a Mackhem.

i'm a proud geordie but i've been here that long the accent has almost gone. when i started at ecco nobody could understand me!

i'm a proud geordie but i've been here that long the accent has almost gone. when i started at ecco nobody could understand me!

I worked up in Sunderland and Gateshead for 4 months.If id worked in Gateshead,i learned to keep my mouth shut when i went back to my digs in Sunderland.My ears are still bruised 2 years later lol.

miss pitt,,,, me and joanne ward used have a right laugh with her and her make up i realy ****** her of loll year

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 22:26 ----------

If anyone can remember Miss Pitt ( English teacher) always dressed lovely with hair always done and make up on, she reminded me of Dolly Parton :hihi: i have recently been informed she is due to retire this year!!

1984 maybe when mr smith was dep head ?!!

:):)

I was there from 72-75, transfered there from Bradfield to do A Levels

I was there from 1973 to 1978. I remember my form teacher being Mrs Bloomfield in the Lower School. I wore a red house badge; but can't remember the name of the house. There was a pupil walkout (1975 or 76, I think) over some girl being caught with a bottle of gin?! Also remember "The Hobbit" being the Lower School play one year, Mr King's bell ringers and the circular bike shed.

ecclesfield comp was two schools ecclesfield grammer and hunshelf that became one school around 1966 spent my first year at brackenhill then to greengate lane for about 6 months untill hunshelf was finished i left in 1968

It wasn't, I left there in 1966 and it was Ecclesfield Grammar then. Hunshelf school wasn't built until 1967 and merged quite a bit later

Edited by denlin

ecclesfield comp was two schools ecclesfield grammer and hunshelf that became one school around 1966 spent my first year at brackenhill then to greengate lane for about 6 months untill hunshelf was finished i left in 1968

that's the same time I was there.