Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

not seen you on here for a long while bayern blade. thought you may be interested to know a certain mr. marsh gets married tomorrow!

Does he indeed !?

Wish him all the best from me, I hope he had a great day yesterday and I'll raise a glass to him this afternoon when I go to watch the Bayern - Leverkusen game down the pub.

If anyone can remember Miss Pitt ( English teacher) always dressed lovely with hair always done and make up on, she reminded me of Dolly Parton :hihi: i have recently been informed she is due to retire this year!!

If anyone can remember Miss Pitt ( English teacher) always dressed lovely with hair always done and make up on, she reminded me of Dolly Parton :hihi: i have recently been informed she is due to retire this year!!

she is my english teacher, dont think shes goning to retire cuz she told us that she put a request to be out teacher next year:huh:

I was at the school from 1953 to 1958. Had a PE/Hockey teacher - Joan Shutt.

Just found this post - sorry it's taken so long. Joan Shutt, although she taught hockey as well, was the geography teacher.

She left Sheffield in 1966 and taught in Buckinghamshire and on Teesside. Retired in 1987 and had many good years with her husband, Albert. She died in January 2009, aged 82.

from Jane Shutt (Joan's elder daughter)

Which School on Teesside ? I moved there in 1965 .......still there too.

Does he indeed !?

Wish him all the best from me, I hope he had a great day yesterday and I'll raise a glass to him this afternoon when I go to watch the Bayern - Leverkusen game down the pub.

My wedding went well Mark. It must have been the large glass you raised. cheers ............hic

We were over in Deutschland last year in Cochem, Koblenz, Bonn & Köln. The Köln Dom is quite impressive ain't it?

Mick

oh and RIP Mr Shaddock. The first words he said to me were "Du bist Max heißen" or words to that effect and that was settled, I was Max from thereon. I can't remember him speaking hardly any English in our German lessons.

Edited by zepstox

Which School on Teesside ? I moved there in 1965 .......still there too.

Ryehills Comp in Redcar.

Someone earlier mentioned Miss Cross. I didn't go to Ecclesfield myself, (I was at Abbeydale) but Mum asked her to help me with French lessons. I was very fond of her, as was Mum. We went to tea with her once and I remember her beautiful garden, full of lilies.

Ryehills Comp in Redcar.

Someone earlier mentioned Miss Cross. I didn't go to Ecclesfield myself, (I was at Abbeydale) but Mum asked her to help me with French lessons. I was very fond of her, as was Mum. We went to tea with her once and I remember her beautiful garden, full of lilies.

Ryehills .....Know it well .

when we were at school , sorry to say we made Miss Cross's life hell trying to teach us French .Fortunately we only had her for a few stand in lessons when our regular teacher was absent . She wore a hearing aid that used to howl and whistle and we all knew her as "Gimma " don't know where that came from , before our time in the early 60's ..our regular teacher in 1963 was "Hitler Ellis " and we didn't mess him arround or else ..

The Miss Cross I remember (1962-1966) when I went there didn't teach French - that was Mr Cochrane, Mr Birkby was head of lower school and taught geography, my form teacher Mrs Palmer taught English, science teacher was Miss Webster, Isaac Sant (art), Gabby Hayes (maths) and Head was Arnold Henry Jennings

I went to Burncoss cemetery last year to visit grave of my great grandad after my cousin started looking up family history and we were just walking back to car and I glanced down and saw Miss Cross' gravestone

Edited by denlin

It was a fantastic school when i was there back in 1989.

Having said that, these days i don't think i would like to be back at school!!

Guest Wyrd
I am ok thanks . How are you ?

I actually hated the name Lerko . Most people call me Njabs ,which comes from Njabulo .

I remember your sister - Dudu, I think. How is she?