Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

I asked Steve Guest about this the other week. He was going to a golf tournament with Roy Judge / Oggy Jennett / Big Dan and others recently and asked him to make enquiries, but no-one had heard anything. The only one he knew about recently was Mr Moss the sports teacher who died in January. RIP.

PS Jennett won the golf!!

I saw Mr Guest in the sandwich shop yesterday, he hasn't altered one bit. Still looked as fit as he always did at school :gag: lol

'josh' king was my history teacher in '74-'75. he was strict but fair. i remember him bawling somebody out once, we thought he was going to explode!

he taught us history at this time too ... his lessons were always interesting and he was respected by the pupils

I liked him, I was also in his handbell ringing team :)

he taught us history at this time too ... his lessons were always interesting and he was respected by the pupils

I liked him, I was also in his handbell ringing team :)

I was in the handbell ringing team with Mr Hewwitt too :hihi:

great to see all these names being remembered makes you wonder where all the nickname come from . some are obvious others obscure lots have been discussed but I have never found out why Mr Clay (deputy head in the 60's ) was known as RIMP, or Miss Cross (girls Head mistress in the 60's ) was GIMMA they just were to us then .Mr Jennings was quickly called Cheshire due to his permanent stupid grin when he became head in '59. oggy because of his car (see above) Gabby , because of the cowboy Gabby Hayes others ..............

Went to Burncross cemetery last year as my great grandad is buried there and his gravestone has a golden trumpet on it as he was bandleader of Chapeltown Silver Prize Band and on way back to car we were having look at other headstones when I came upon the grave of Miss Cross. I was at Ecco when she was there, I remember Jennings, Gabby Hayes, Mr Birkby, Mr Cochrane, Miss Webster (Science) and my form teacher was Mrs Palmer. There was also art teacher Mr Sant

'josh' king was my history teacher in '74-'75. he was strict but fair. i remember him bawling somebody out once, we thought he was going to explode!

hope this link works

teachers from 1975 :)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.multimania.co.uk%2Fesvc%2Fstaffroom%2Fstaff_big%2Fstaff75.jpg&h=117d9

hello denlin

don't remember "Mr Cochrane, Miss Webster (Science) and Mrs Palmer. all the others I remember though , what years were you interned there?, I was 58 -63

josh was my form and history teacher in '67, did he ever hit any of you lot with that chuffin great bible he held in assembly!

I was there from 1994-1999 my form teacher was Mrs Cork,

i havnt been back since they did it all up, but i do plan to one day, would be nice to have a look round it again.

Miss corks still there, she mainly does supplying now, due to illnesses but she taught me for almost a full year of geography...shes annoying.

hello denlin

don't remember "Mr Cochrane, Miss Webster (Science) and Mrs Palmer. all the others I remember though , what years were you interned there?, I was 58 -63

hi

1962-1966 but spent first year in old modern school building in t'village, Mrs Webster taught English and Mr Cochrane was French teacher. His son Simon Cochrane was in my class and Mr Birkbys son Edward was too. Edward went on to be a doctor but I think he took early retirement

RIP John Shaddock.

Mr Shaddock the German teacher ? I'ts largely thanks to him I managed to learn the language and have lived over here since 1984.

RIP Mr Shaddock and thanks.

not seen you on here for a long while bayern blade. thought you may be interested to know a certain mr. marsh gets married tomorrow!