Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

Eighup Gang ...although i'm from Ecco ,I went to Yew lane ( Yewlands to yo' young 'uns) ..but ..if anyone remembers Mr Belk ( music teacher ) he was mi' Dads cousin...:hihi:

I was at the main school between 1979 and 1982 and 1982 and 1984 (sixth form). I remember the school being out of control, with only a handful of teachers (such as Mr Williams & Mr Howarth) who could keep control. Many of the windows had been put through, and room 5 had been completely torched. How I got out of that place with any qualifications is one of life's little mysteries. Grew up quick. I see that Mr King has been killed in a motorcycle accident - I heard that he had been sacked for making a girl stand on a desk, and lift her skirt up. I always felt sorry for him, because he got all the idiots, and it must have eventually got to him. Anyone remember Philip (Percy) Claxton? He was a great teacher for 6th form, but couldn't control the other classes. Same with Mr Pilling. Mr Guest was my form tutor for 2 years, and was new into teaching in 1979. Apparently, he had played football for England under 21s. I was one of the computer swots (still am!), and was one of the first 6 pupils to be introduced to the school computer by Mr Burkinshaw and Mr Carter in 1980. Ground breaking stuff! I still do a lot of web and flickr stuff under the name wakefieldpinball. Please see my other posting on the lower school. My initials are MRD, but I like to keep things anonymous on the internet if that is OK. Ta. Oh, nearly forgot Mrs Jolly, the inappropriately named dinner bag (sorry, lady).

How was room 5 torched may I ask :o?

i went there too b4 it was dun up been since wth my son . oh dear i got bared from going again

How was room 5 torched may I ask :o?

well it wern't me anyway coz i had left by then.

Who was the Maths teacher who drove the little yellow sports car made of fibreglass? (Mid to late 70s.)

Who was the Maths teacher who drove the little yellow sports car made of fibreglass? (Mid to late 70s.)

Was it Mr. Carter ?

Does anyone remember Mr Brazell the history teacher, who was a Norwich City supporter and drove a bright green vw beetle? :)

Does anyone remember Mr Brazell the history teacher, who was a Norwich City supporter and drove a bright green vw beetle? :)

Yeah, I remember him, smallish, mousey hair, glasses, desert boots of the suede variety? !!!:hihi:

I remember this and was really furious that Cliff Richard was allowed to come, and not my heart throb of the time, David Bowie!!!
i remember him coming saw him in the hallway ,they were happy days .

I remember him well he was my he was my 1st year form teacher back in 1975 and our class was in the prefabs, I remember they were either freezing cold or red hot hot

Could it have been Philip Claxton?

Was it Mr. Carter ?

Mr Carter drove a bright orange Ford Capri I think. I saw him in tha ASDA on Friday. He doesn't teach anymore, he's a lab technician. Less stressfull no doubt!