Dog found knocked over

Taking the oh to work around 6.50 this morning and saw a bloke sat on floor next to a big dog it had been knock over and driver disappeared bloke said he had just come to bus stop and saw the dog laid there another driver pulled over to help the dog but think it was too late the dog was a big black aketa looking dog it was on wadsworth avenue near mount tabor chuch

Taking the oh to work around 6.50 this morning and saw a bloke sat on floor next to a big dog it had been knock over and driver disappeared bloke said he had just come to bus stop and saw the dog laid there another driver pulled over to help the dog but think it was too late the dog was a big black aketa looking dog it was on wadsworth avenue near mount tabor chuch

what an insensetive thing for driver to just leave it, how nice of you others that stayed withn the dog, so sad that someone has lost a pet :( hope it is reunited with owner even so they can say goodbye properly x

A driving instructor pull over a call police when I came back a amey van was there cleaning up so look like dog didnt make it :(

A driving instructor pull over a call police when I came back a amey van was there cleaning up so look like dog didnt make it :(

RIP doggy xxx

My husband saw this happen and has given a statement to the police. He thinks it was a white vauxhall combo van with a small logo on. So very sad, RIP doggy, so sad that you were running free :(

The incident number for this is 10121032013. Please ring 101 and quote this if you have any information that could help.

Poor dog. Disgusting to think that they just left what would most probably have been a much loved pet to die like that. Hope they find out who did it.

Big thanks to those kind people that stayed with the dog.

Run free at Rainbow bridge doggy :(

Edited by Sam71
spelling

It's sad but of course if you look at it another way it's irresponsible of the owner to let it escape or run around off the lead on a road - if it had attacked somebody rather than got run over I'm sure we'd be hearing more about this aspect.

what an insensetive thing for driver to just leave it, how nice of you others that stayed withn the dog, so sad that someone has lost a pet :( hope it is reunited with owner even so they can say goodbye properly x

More than insensitive. Against the law to hit a dog & not report it.

The driver has 24 hours in which to report it, we do not know if he has, or indeed hasn't.

It is against the law, it's fairly sick that someone would run the poor things down and not even bother to stop and see if it was ok.

It's sad but of course if you look at it another way it's irresponsible of the owner to let it escape or run around off the lead on a road - if it had attacked somebody rather than got run over I'm sure we'd be hearing more about this aspect.

It's not great, but some dogs can be escape artists - they can find a way out of places that people have made 'dog-proof' especially if they're diggers.

My parents went through 3 different types of fencing in their garden to keep their dog contained.

Every time the boundary was 'made good' it'd only take a few days before it was breached again.

They lived in the countryside tho, so no-one else got bothered by him.