Sheffield Bus Drivers Need To Be Applauded!!

My bus driver today greeted me with 'Hello Bonjour' and a big friendly smile (looking forward to his holidays in France perhaps) - and then proceeded to deliver me from Beighton to Sheffield town centre in 17 minutes - I never knew there was a bus service so good! The X30 runs every hour - just one bus going backwards and forwards all day - by TM. Now whoever designed and gave that bus driver the job is a genious. I won't be using the Trams much now.

Im pretty sure never having to stop at a red traffic light helps them keep to time

Shows how many trams you get on!

They all have to stop at red lights.

If bus drivers weren't so miserable I might feel sorry for them, but we have to stand out in the cold waiting for them, they sometimes are late and then there miserable when you get on and not polite at all. We have to sit on the buses that smell and are not clean half the time so bus drivers don't have it that bad.

If bus drivers weren't so miserable I might feel sorry for them, but we have to stand out in the cold waiting for them, they sometimes are late and then there miserable when you get on and not polite at all. We have to sit on the buses that smell and are not clean half the time so bus drivers don't have it that bad.

My bus driver today greeted me with 'Hello Bonjour' and a big friendly smile (looking forward to his holidays in France perhaps) - and then proceeded to deliver me from Beighton to Sheffield town centre in 17 minutes - I never knew there was a bus service so good! The X30 runs every hour - just one bus going backwards and forwards all day - by TM. Now whoever designed and gave that bus driver the job is a genious. I won't be using the Trams much now.

Try giving them something to cheer them up, like a big smile.

It won't cost you anything.

They have to put up with miserable passengers all day long, as well as bad car drivers.

I'd hate their job.

I have respect for drivers they work hard and some of the rudness they incur has to be seen to be believed.

One observation is on the whole Stagecoach drivers seem much happier in their work than First drivers.

I need to go to Chesterfield. I board the 57 bus at Hillsborough, and ask for a Megarider Plus, which covers that area. The driver tries several times to put it through his system, but without success. He is unfailingly polite and informative, and says "get it on the next bus you board". So I board the X17 at Pond Street. This one can manage it, but has to give most of the £5.50 change in 10ps. He is very apologetic. I'm not bothered- thinking of the 70p fares I now have to pay for my children; and hoarding up 10 and 5ps!

My point? These drivers were great adverts for their company and their job. But sometimes they aren't given the right kit to deliver the best service!

I think bus drivers are people that have been took off the dole for some reason and that is the only option for them, hence the lack of "skill" to know how to tell the time and the MASSIVE lack of common sence, such as speeding off when a oap has just boarded and has not had the chance to sit down, and the classic of not lowering the bus down or stopping no where near the curb when someone in a wheelchair or people with a pram want to get on

That usually happens when a inconsiderate car or taxi is parked in a bus stop and taking them off the dole pmsl, i'd say 50% have a past trade i.e builders, chippies, gas engineers, carpet fitters, plasterers to name but a few due to something called a recession!!! They come on buses because they don't want to be on the dole...

Conductors have the time to be extra friendly, we have to take the money and try to keep a bus on time. Likewise the tram driver only has to drive. Of course that doesny stop bus drivers being friendly but I only thank anyone that's nice to me

sorry its common courtesy to be nice your repersenting a company at the end of the day a public face . saying you dont have time is weak excuse

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 01:21 ----------

the other day when the fares went up i said nicely how much is the fare now then the answer was well there was no answer just a point to the screen which was nice not:rant:

I have respect for drivers they work hard and some of the rudness they incur has to be seen to be believed.

One observation is on the whole Stagecoach drivers seem much happier in their work than First drivers.

It's funny but now you mention it, based on my experience I'm of that opinion too.

It's funny but now you mention it, based on my experience I'm of that opinion too.

Yeah, think you're right; they're better timekeepers too!