Sheffield Bus Drivers Need To Be Applauded!!

Well said the ex army chap it's about time some of these thickos realised how hard the job is In the last week I'm swore at about 20 times spat at twice had a brick thro the upstairs window had a multitude of of so called mums who let their toddlers stand up runabout and basically don't control the kids ever I would not trust some of these diks with dogs let alone kids then when I ask nicely for them to sit down they don't like my attitude and they are going to report me what classy people

Top post - I wonder if this still occures on a daily basis? And why would some gonadic person act like that?

More than you'd imagine. A woman at our depot got dragged off the bus and got a right pasting for refusing an out of date pass. It isn't as easy a job as some think and saying we are late because we are having a cig is a joke, some people don't understand there's traffic on the roads

I think most drivers would settle for a grimace:hihi:

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 19:06 ----------

The tram drivers are separated from the passengers,and don't have to deal with customers wanting to change £20 to travel a few hundred metres.The two rolls are not comparabull.

I said tram workers, which also coverd tthe conductors which are also very friendly and never had a problem

I said tram workers, which also coverd tthe conductors which are also very friendly and never had a problem

Bus drivers have to handle money,which is an extra duty.Tram conductors are friendly especially to the elderly.

Bus drivers have to handle money,which is an extra duty.Tram conductors are friendly especially to the elderly.

Conductors have the time to be extra friendly, we have to take the money and try to keep a bus on time. Likewise the tram driver only has to drive. Of course that doesny stop bus drivers being friendly but I only thank anyone that's nice to me

I haven't read all posts cos well just too many but I will say there are some bus drivers who are horrid t people and so inconsiderate. I am sure some take small pleasure in watching someone running for the bus and then leaving them. But today I witnessed a bus driver literally stop outside a womens house way past the bus stop to let a woman off whose baby had fallen asleep & she had to carry the baby and bags. Of course it's been icy too. Now & again you come across the odd one that makes you think..."what a lovely driver"!

I haven't read all posts cos well just too many but I will say there are some bus drivers who are horrid t people and so inconsiderate. I am sure some take small pleasure in watching someone running for the bus and then leaving them. But today I witnessed a bus driver literally stop outside a womens house way past the bus stop to let a woman off whose baby had fallen asleep & she had to carry the baby and bags. Of course it's been icy too. Now & again you come across the odd one that makes you think..."what a lovely driver"!

I was just about to post something like that, but you did it better. I agree with all of that - you get the odd mardy so and so, but on the whole, Sheffield bus drivers from all companies are a nice lot - i've had many friendly conversations and help about other routes - most of them enjoy their job and a few don't. Such is life, and such is every job. I like bus drivers - sometimes, it's the only smile i get all week!

So you've got a new job as a Bus Driver then? Suppose it's a step up from working in a shop.

Suspect the drivers are similar to workers in other industries.

I go into the supermarket, or elsewhere, and 99% of the guys/gals in there are extremely helpful.

You're gonna find a bad one wherever you go.

Don't complain about the bad ones. Just praise the good ones.

Maybe the bad guy got out the wrong sie of bed this morning. We all have bad days.

I take my hat off to the majority of bus drivers, regardless of what company there are with.

As to the guy who had 3 cars written off. Maybe he's parking in a dangerous place.

Suspect the drivers are similar to workers in other industries.

I go into the supermarket, or elsewhere, and 99% of the guys/gals in there are extremely helpful.

You're gonna find a bad one wherever you go.

Don't complain about the bad ones. Just praise the good ones.

Maybe the bad guy got out the wrong sie of bed this morning. We all have bad days.

I take my hat off to the majority of bus drivers, regardless of what company there are with.

As to the guy who had 3 cars written off. Maybe he's parking in a dangerous place.

Very fair,very fair.

only VERY few bus drivers are pretty good, the rest are shocking in my opinion

I often travel by bus and tram, the tram is miles better then the bus probobly for obvius reasons, but alot of the tram staff are ten times nicer then the bus drivers and they actually do their best to be on time!

Im pretty sure never having to stop at a red traffic light helps them keep to time ;)

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 17:20 ----------

I think bus drivers are people that have been took off the dole for some reason and that is the only option for them, hence the lack of "skill" to know how to tell the time and the MASSIVE lack of common sence, such as speeding off when a oap has just boarded and has not had the chance to sit down, and the classic of not lowering the bus down or stopping no where near the curb when someone in a wheelchair or people with a pram want to get on[/quote

The bus will be lowered when asked, The bus can not be lowered until the doors are fully open, buy which time the pram is already half way on and people will not wait.

If the driver lowers the bus when the passenger with the pram wants to get off, he opens the doors...reaches for the button to lower the bus....passengers half way off....bus kneels.....pram wheels caught between bus and kerb. And all because people are to impatient.

There are many reasons why drivers may not be able to get to kerb, people have a habit of leaving their arms out until the bus hits it, so they stop futher back, people refusing to stand back as a large near side mirror approaches etc etc

Its quite easy to judge when you have never driven a Bus but dont let that stop you .

Anyway im off out to spend some of my £20,000 salary on a holiday, now how many weeks holiday have i got this year oh yeah six weeks, not bad for someone 'took' of the dole :)

It's not a job I could do, but only because of the people that bus drivers have to put up with. 99% of the bus drivers I have dealt with are polite and friendly; I can understand why they would be miserable though.

I caught the bus on Sunday and the driver was lovely, he even asked me if I was warm enough :) (I was the only person left on the bus)