Sheffield Bus Drivers Need To Be Applauded!!

The fag issue could be made up. Buses get stuck in traffic because BMW drivers use the bus lanes and drive like stupid peeps - not allowing buses to pull out. Hence the lateness.

I sence that you long for a BMW?

I sence that you long for a BMW?

My fiat twin cam lump does the trick for me. Answer the question :hihi:

Not an easy job i suppose but never liked most of them one drove past our stop on west street on sat he must have seen me i stuck my arm out i had to get a taxi home and what about when they see you running for the bus and they just drive past! having said that there maybe the odd good one about.

Edited by curry addict
spelling

Picture yer sen driving a bus in Sheffield. Horrible traffic, crap small juncations, smelly customers and hateful BMW drivers. And you have to do the same route day in day out and keep stopping and moving off.

I doth my cap to the brave souls who drive our buses.

So should you.

O'h no, not the smelly customer thing again. Where do you live because I have had 25 years of catching the bus and only once was it smelly and the driver radiod through for a changeover ?

I worked on the buses 63 to 67 and the drivers had no contact with the passengers then as they got on at the back and I did another couple of years in the mid 80s but went back wagon driving when it went to one man operated. The job is like any other you go to work to pay your way so it is best to just make the most of what you have and do it as well as you are able to.

Not read all posts, some do need applauding; but the majority are miserable, rude & surly & show not one bit of interest in the passengers. If I'm being honest the mainline ones are the worst, faces like slapped arses most of em.

I think bus drivers are people that have been took off the dole for some reason and that is the only option for them, hence the lack of "skill" to know how to tell the time and the MASSIVE lack of common sence, such as speeding off when a oap has just boarded and has not had the chance to sit down, and the classic of not lowering the bus down or stopping no where near the curb when someone in a wheelchair or people with a pram want to get on

I came from a management job in retail to drive buses so your wrong although for some as in other jobs it is the best option at the moment. As for the rest you might aswell stick to your stereotypical view of us, I won't lose any sleep. Not sure we deserve applause though, even though it can be tough with cars and bad passengers. Rather be doing this than on the dole though

Not read all posts, some do need applauding; but the majority are miserable, rude & surly & show not one bit of interest in the passengers. If I'm being honest the mainline ones are the worst, faces like slapped arses most of em.

Bus drivers are like most people-if greeted with a smile they respond in kind.Perhaps you give off the wrong vibe?

I think bus drivers are people that have been took off the dole for some reason and that is the only option for them, hence the lack of "skill" to know how to tell the time and the MASSIVE lack of common sence, such as speeding off when a oap has just boarded and has not had the chance to sit down, and the classic of not lowering the bus down or stopping no where near the curb when someone in a wheelchair or people with a pram want to get on

If that is your opinion then that's up to you. But let me tell you how wrong you are. I served 8 years in the army before this job. I was a driver by trade so I am very skilled in driving things 3 times the size of a bus. This wasn't the only option, just the one closer to home. I do wait for the elderly to sit down and the reason most buses can't pull into stops correctly is because of arrogant people in cars/vans/taxis parked in the stops. The bus can be lowered at the request of the passengers and if people can't get on with prams without the bus being lowered then maybe they shouldn't be in control of one. How did people get on before low floor buses were introduced? But that's just me and everyone is entitled to their own opinions right?

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 18:02 ----------

Bus drivers are like most people-if greeted with a smile they respond in kind.Perhaps you give off the wrong vibe?

Correct. I lose count of how many people get on and off without any acknowledgement at all.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 18:03 ----------

I came from a management job in retail to drive buses so your wrong although for some as in other jobs it is the best option at the moment. As for the rest you might aswell stick to your stereotypical view of us, I won't lose any sleep. Not sure we deserve applause though, even though it can be tough with cars and bad passengers. Rather be doing this than on the dole though

Well said.

I have the utmost praise for the majority of these bus drivers.

I'd agree that some are "miserable old gits" however they may think the same of most of their passengers.

Don't blame the drivers if he's late getting to your appointment. he's not a taxi driver, so leave a few minutes earlier in case anything goes wrong.

I usually thank the driver, as some of the other pax seem to treat him or her like ****.

I'd hate to have their job if all they get is complaints.

only VERY few bus drivers are pretty good, the rest are shocking in my opinion

I often travel by bus and tram, the tram is miles better then the bus probobly for obvius reasons, but alot of the tram staff are ten times nicer then the bus drivers and they actually do their best to be on time!