Franklins bed shop Sheffield

has Franklins moved or closed down? We got a bed there about 3 years ago which is great and wondering where to buy good beds from now if they have closed? It had moved to Abbeydale Road from Greystones when we went last time but that shop looked empty last time we passed.

It has closed down, try John Lewis or Ponsfords.

I thought WE Franklins had bit the dust, I had my 1st job with them in 75 as a van lad, then worked in the loading bay.

I worked there for 6 months in the late 80's. loved it. I worked in the carpet cleaning section

I worked there for 6 months in the late 80's. loved it. I worked in the carpet cleaning section

Yep you've not lived till Trevor and that lot had wrapped you in a rug, and chucked you through the hole in floor into the bay below :hihi:

Thats sad to here franklins closed they use to clean my parents rugs many years ago.

Yep you've not lived till Trevor and that lot had wrapped you in a rug, and chucked you through the hole in floor into the bay below :hihi:

I remember Trevor. Where did you work?

I remember Trevor. Where did you work?

I started on the vans in 75, then went inside in the loading bay & upstairs in the drying room, god that was hot left in 78-9.

What's a drying room for at a bed shop?

Is it in case someone wets the bed?

What's a drying room for at a bed shop?

Is it in case someone wets the bed?

When they were at Onslow Road, that was the carpet cleaning place, they were cleaned upstairs & put in the drying room. The bed place back then was on Ecclesall Road at bottom, if memory serves.

You really would be surprised how many folk had carpets & rugs cleaned and suites & reupholstered.

People always associate them with beds, but they were the no1 carpet cleaners, better than the others the gaffers were Mr Ron, Mr David, Mr William & him that ran Liverpool Mr Michael.

Thanks Bypass -- guilty as charged. Was thinking more of the beds.

During the time I was there they had just shut the shop at the bottom of ecclesall road and were in the process of opening a new showroom opposite the carpet place