Remember your mums divi number

B&C Basegreen 35437, where abouts on Basegreen did you live Elizabeth?

Dave

Yes 71363

That's almost the same as mum's which was71349!

dont think you need a # for horse and cart but if u do its number one

my one mistake for 2012 I thought divi # was driving licence:loopy::loopy:

You calling my mum a divvy ? :hihi:

read the word s properly

You calling my mum a divvy ? :hihi:

Surely , mum's divvy number must be the number of divvy kids she had . No?

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 19:41 ----------

I am of a certain age(!!!) and remember my Mum's divvy number B and C 69071 seems like only yesterday! Now I know I'm getting old!

My mother's was 67786.

Don't remember my address or telephone number though !

when I was I young lad my mum used to send me to the co op for the odd bag of sugar which was weighed out in front of you and put in a blue bag. and she wanted some tea it was a called black and green and some butter and cheese that was cut from a big block, they would ask me for her co-op number but I could never remember it so I would make one up :)

when I was I young lad my mum used to send me to the co op for the odd bag of sugar which was weighed out in front of you and put in a blue bag. and she wanted some tea it was a called black and green and some butter and cheese that was cut from a big block, they would ask me for her co-op number but I could never remember it so I would make one up :)

Ahhh!

Remember them well .

My mother used to reuse the blue bags to get the eggs in .

I don't know how you got away with not remembering the number though.

The assistant used to write down the amount , with the divvy number , on to a little receipt which went through to a duplicate copy.

My mother used to write the number on a piece of paper so that it would not be forgotten . After a while however , we all three of us memorised it . Just like the "Times table " at school .

In the mid 50's mums number was 62699. Then I worked as a barrowboy delivering groceries for Burgon's on Lyons St. Part of my job was to weigh the above items and remember having to place an empty bag on the other side of the scale to ensure the correct wight of sugar in that blue bag.

I remember my mother's divi number from the 1950's. My mother remembers her mother's number from around 1938.

I seem to remember the milkman coming for his money every week. I'd give him the money and he'd ask for the number 101409 i'd tell him. That must've been late 50's early 60's