The former TJ Hughes store in Sheffield

T J Hughes in Sheffield City Centre are going to be student flats. There is already in Sheffield City Centre and the outskirts quite a lot of student accommodation already and when the T J Hughes building gets altered to become student accommodation we will may never see the building become a large store again.

T J Hughes in Sheffield City Centre are going to be student flats. There is already in Sheffield City Centre and the outskirts quite a lot of student accommodation already and when the T J Hughes building gets altered to become student accommodation we will may never see the building become a large store again.

Can you supply link to the information about the student flats

Can you supply link to the information about the student flats

Not seen it on the internet, it was from a woman who got the information from a staff member from T J Hughes. It could be on the internet somewhere if it's true.

Why all this movement towards flats anyway? What's wrong with the old ways, of all living side by side in a shared house? This teaches them vital life skills like cooperation with regards to bathroom habits and cheese sharing and such like, essential if they one day wish to cohabit with a loved one or possibly start a family.

take it with a pinch of salt until tha sees summat as gospel :)

cannot see them putting flats on the moor,but anythings possible

Well given that TJ's is nowhere near the moor, they very well could :)

That's fine because T.J. Hughes isn't on the Moor!

It's going to be very different down that end of town now that is for sure, what with the markets heading down the moor a great deal of the foot traffic will head down that way as well which is a massive shame and makes me wonder what will happen to the likes of the independent traders in areas such as King Street and Dixon lane if theres many left that is.

I do wonder what role that area will play when the market moves on, surely it will have a knock effect for even the likes of Jack Fulton and possibly even B&M stores and Wilkinsons as I know a great deal of the older generation like to hop off a bus and do a round trip of the market and the bordering shops, would it be surprising if the bigger stores try to relocating to follow the market or do we just expect large stores to pop up down by the markets to make this area popular again?

That said I haven't been down to the Haymarket area of Sheffield for some time, the a few main reasons being the distinct lack of secure parking (once parked at the bottom of Dixon Lane and saw a few cars with broken windows which put me off for life) and the other reasons being how run down and undesirable the area has become over time and the lack of selection that appeals to me.

A new start for sheffield and the moor finally offering a shopping area that appeals to everyone? that said even the bus station seems situated in the wrong position for the ambitious plans of the moor regeneration.

It's going to be very different down that end of town now that is for sure, what with the markets heading down the moor a great deal of the foot traffic will head down that way as well which is a massive shame and makes me wonder what will happen to the likes of the independent traders in areas such as King Street and Dixon lane if theres many left that is.

I do wonder what role that area will play when the market moves on, surely it will have a knock effect for even the likes of Jack Fulton and possibly even B&M stores and Wilkinsons as I know a great deal of the older generation like to hop off a bus and do a round trip of the market and the bordering shops, would it be surprising if the bigger stores try to relocating to follow the market or do we just expect large stores to pop up down by the markets to make this area popular again?

That said I haven't been down to the Haymarket area of Sheffield for some time, the a few main reasons being the distinct lack of secure parking (once parked at the bottom of Dixon Lane and saw a few cars with broken windows which put me off for life) and the other reasons being how run down and undesirable the area has become over time and the lack of selection that appeals to me.

A new start for sheffield and the moor finally offering a shopping area that appeals to everyone? that said even the bus station seems situated in the wrong position for the ambitious plans of the moor regeneration.

What a silly place to build a Market.