USB controller not found?

I have bought a USB gaming controller off ebay to use for PC games on my laptop, but once plugged in, no bubble pops up to say that the device is found, and it doesn't work either?

What do I do? Look for it in Devices manager?

windows 7 i assume goto devices and printers add device if its not shown

Edited by terminator

Sorry, Windows 8.

I did that but the scan said not found?

Sorry, Windows 8.

I did that but the scan said not found?

Oh not on my win 8 at mo should imagine same applys

There is a long list of USB's but not any specifically naming a controller (gaming)?

---------- Post added 20-03-2013 at 15:31 ----------

Edited by aelfheah

There is a long list of USB's but not any specifically naming a controller (gaming)?

Have you Googled the product and install advice ? i'd guess if you've a problem with it others before you will have too, so might be your quickest route to a solution.

You need to be more specific about WHAT gaming controller it is, if you want anyone to have any hope of being able to help.

Personally I stick to either the Xbox 360 wired controller, or the Xbox 360 wireless receiver, as both naturally are supported natively on Windows.

You need to be more specific about WHAT gaming controller it is, if you want anyone to have any hope of being able to help.

Personally I stick to either the Xbox 360 wired controller, or the Xbox 360 wireless receiver, as both naturally are supported natively on Windows.

Now I know! :rolleyes: Thanks. I didn't think other platforms would be compatible?

It's a Vigrand cheap controller (like the PS1 & 2 but without the knob levers) off the web, I thought it would be 'recognised'! Google is my friend.

Thanks

Are you sure the controller actualy works? Can you try it on another machine? Could be u/s from ebay.:(

I haven't another machine?

Presume you have tried all available USB ports ?