What things are you old enough to remember?

I remember the old Manor picture house, it's now a supermarket and when they revamp it, and take the roof away you can still see the circle & seats upstairs. I also remember just outside on left were machines that gave you wrigleys, liquorice allsorts & polos, if memory serves 3d a pack, might have been 2d.

I remember going to the auction of the content there when it was sold.

I remember my Grandmothers old Yorkshire range. She still used the old bread oven long after she got a gas cooker.She swore it cooked better. I ued to make newspaper sticks for the fire. She had a coal house in the kitchen, and an oilcloth on the big square kitchen table.

She also used squares of newspaper in the outside lav, (toilet roll was an unecessary luxury...)

I remember my Grandmothers old Yorkshire range. She still used the old bread oven long after she got a gas cooker.She swore it cooked better. I ued to make newspaper sticks for the fire. She had a coal house in the kitchen, and an oilcloth on the big square kitchen table.

She also used squares of newspaper in the outside lav, (toilet roll was an unecessary luxury...)

Yae, now tis the newspaper that is an un-necessary luxury.

. Terry towelling nappies and me wearing them and hating it when my bottom was cold with the wet.

no, you think you do, but you don`t (IIRC, because of the way it works, the youngest memory the brain retains is from around the age of 4)

no, you think you do, but you don`t (IIRC, because of the way it works, the youngest memory the brain retains is from around the age of 4)

But he was 30 at the time.

he asked me to not say that on the open forum, strange hobbies some people have

Strange how some people can only read things they want to have an argument or a dig about.

I remember terry towelling nappies, but I'm sure that as with all things, some people are old fashioned and even today, there are probably babies being raised in Terry towelling.

Indeed, Mothercare have a pack of 5 available on their website for £11.99. Terry towel, reusable nappies.

You can even buy a pail in which to soak used Terry towel nappies, prior to washing.

So explain to me how I remember laying on the Rexine covered sofa and finding it cold to my face after my father laid me down and feeling abandoned( When both mother and father must have been exhausted from trying to comfort me). I remember being cuddled and starting with pain and crying, then trying not to because it hurt more I remember the strange man rather more well built than my father pushing something in my ear (that must have been the G.P.) earache is the worst pain I have ever experienced, including torn muscles, broken bones and childbirth. I know the memory of the nappy was kept alive by a photo of me on my mothers knee on the beach in nothing but a nappy.There is no photo of me on the sofa. no idea what IIRC means but I do know that all animals including humans learn to avoid pain and seek comfort earlier than anything else.

Kennedy being shot, 1st man on moon, winter of 63 (brrrr), pasturised milk (them tall neck bottles yuk), I remember yogurt coming out & when people found out what they were made from saying "I'm not eating those". I can remember the news being full of mods & rockers battling every BH Monday, sarsaparilla, chips 2d a bag, Beano & Dandy 2d each, going out and making friends.

I remember loving school, & all my mates and then the real world of having to work for a living, there's so much more I remember.

Kennedy being shot, 1st man on moon, winter of 63 (brrrr), pasturised milk (them tall neck bottles yuk), I remember yogurt coming out & when people found out what they were made from saying "I'm not eating those". I can remember the news being full of mods & rockers battling every BH Monday, sarsaparilla, chips 2d a bag, Beano & Dandy 2d each, going out and making friends.

I remember loving school, & all my mates and then the real world of having to work for a living, there's so much more I remember.

milk in long neck bottles was sterilized early version of long life